DREAM: NIGHTMARE

D I S C L A I M E R

All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events or locales is entirely coincidental.

Trigger Warning: Character's Death

This one shot story is also published in Webnovel under the pen name of MeiMinMin.

Read at your own risk.

–––––

Tic-toc, tic-toc

Tic-toc, tic-toc

Tic-toc, tic-toc

I can hear the clock ticking. I can feel myself sweating, my hands shaking, my body trembling. I was surrounded by darkness. I felt suffocated and I fear that I am developing a phobia of claustrophobic.

I can't see any light and my body feels so heavy. I feel like I am drowning in an abyss of darkness underwater. I wanted to scream, I wanted to seek help, but something is stopping me from doing those things.

And then, I suddenly feel the chills running from my toes up to my spine. Why am I feeling this? Why do I feel this kind of sensation?

Help, I need help. Anyone? Mother? Father? Big Brother? And then, I hear the alarm blaze off at its set time. I jolted from my slumber that gave me a nightmare, and I realized that I woke up panting and sweating.

I ran my fingers through the strands of my hair as I take a look at the time, 8:51 in the morning, "I'm already late from my first subject this morning." Yawning as I stretch my limbs, get off the bed and start doing my morning routine. When I finished, I left my room and goes down to the kitchen, and that's when I saw my mother cooking.

I greeted her and kissed her cheeks. I sat on the chair and smiled when I ate my breakfast as I listened to her talk about my father's work yesterday. When I was done, I grabbed my things as I said my goodbye to her and left the house.

I walk down the streets with an earphone on my ears, blasting music left and right at maximum volume. I was lost in thought about the dream I had last night. No, I should call it a nightmare. It was so frightening.

I felt like I was dead at that moment. I shivered at that thought. Death? I am afraid of that word. I just sighed as I took a deep breath with my eyes closed to erase those sickening thoughts, and then, I didn't expect what just happened next.

I heard people's screams and the siren of an ambulance as my whole world spun as darkness engulfed my whole being. What just happened? I can hear everything louder than before. I hear questions from the people around me, screams of concerns, and shrieks of people.

"Is she okay?"

"Move! The medics are here! Move!"

"Oh my God! A truck just hit her!"

In that moment, I just heard my Mother screaming my name and crying, "NO! Alyssa! Oh my God, my daughter! No! let me go, I need to be at her side! No! Alyssa! I am her Mother! Let me through!"

Mother? Am I going to die? Am I going to leave you and father? What about big brother? Mother. As I can feel myself crying at my loss. No, help me.

Help me! Is the nightmare, I had last night a premonition of my death? Is it? Is it?! Please, wake me up! Wake me up away from this horrible dream! I continue to scream internally, as the darkness engulf my whole consciousness.

RING!

I gasped as I jolted from my bed. I was panting and sweating more than before. I looked around my surroundings. I'm alive. Am I really alive? I started sobbing as I hugged myself for comfort and began trembling as my tears flowed. What just happened? A dream? A nightmare? or a premonition of my future death. I need the truth.