4 Years Ago (continued)

Something woke me out of my sleep. I jerked awake and sat up, breathing heavily. I looked around the dark room and took a second to listen. I heard some soft noises coming from downstairs. Reaching over I felt for Harris but he was gone.

I get out of the bed and feel around for my clothes. Finding my bra and panties, I slip them on and look for one of Harris' T-shirts.

"Hey sleepy head" a voice whispered from the corner. I shrieked and looked around the dark room, trying to find where the voice came from. I rushed to the lap and turned it on.

I quickly wiped my eyes and hurried them to adjust. Joon was sitting in the corner of the room. "Good Morning" he smiled.

I looked at him wide-eyed and frightened.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sharply.

"I'm here to collect"

"Collect what?" I snapped. "Where's Harris?"

"Your hard-head is going to get you hurt" he pointed at me. "Come with me" he stood and walked toward me.

"Don't come near me" I back away toward the bathroom but he didn't listen. He kept coming closer. He never did listen to me.

I ran into the bathroom and tried to closed the door but he caught it. "Cezanne" He called. "Don't make me drag you down these steps"

"Please" I cried. "Please stop it"

"Cezanne" he shouted.

"No!" I screamed. "Help!" I shouted to the top of my lungs hoping that someone would hear and send help.

Joon pushed the door and I fell to the ground. He grabbed my arms and pulled me up. I
pushed his arms and tried to kick him off but he's too strong. With little effort he
picked me up and dragged me down the stairs.

"Will you listen to me now?" He whispered in my ear.

The living room light turned on and Harris was on his knees with tape around his mouth. An open gash sat on his forehead, spilling blood onto his face and drowning the wood floor.

I pushed Joon off and ran to Harris.

"Don't do this" I cried and looked at Joon. "He'll go"

Joon took a gun from behind his back and pointed it at him. "Please don't hurt him again, I'll listen"

Joon studied my face to see if I was bluffing but I'm not bluffing. All I have to do is say something sweet to Joon and he's putty in my hands. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Joon sighed and put the gun down. "Let him go" He said to one of the other men in the room that I didn't see. How many of these guys are hiding in the shadows?

They untied his hands. "Go get his stuff" Joon said sternly.

"He comes with me" I grabbed Harris's hand and pulled him up. He put his arm around my waist and we made our way upstairs.

"He's not going to hurt me, he wants you" I whispered.

"What why would he want that?"

"He's not okay. You have to leave"

"I can't leave you here"

A tear fell from my eye but he wiped it away. "I'll find you" I said optimistically. "I'll get rid of him and I'll find you"

"But how?"

"I'll figure it out but right now you have to leave"

He grabbed my face. "Promise me you'll find me"

"I promise. Promise me you'll wait"

"I promise I'll wait as long as it takes, just come back to me"

I closed my eyes as he rested his forehead on mine.

"Hurry up" a voice boomed from behind us.

I opened my eyes and moved away from Harris. He picked up one of his t-shirts and put in on me.

I watched him as he quickly got dressed and grabbed his giant bag of clothes. "I love you" he said. I bit my lip to hold back tears. "I love you too"

That was the last time I saw him. Now it's time to get him back.