eight

Syd's POV
Girlfriend.

I feel my heart sink to my stomach. Did I just hear him correctly? He said girlfriend right?

I realize I'm making a face and smile quickly before anyone notices.

"Hi I'm Syd it's nice to meet you." I shake her hand and she gives me a sweet smile.

"It's nice to meet you too." she smiles and greets the other girls.

Girlfriend. Are you fucking kidding me?

This is why I don't like getting my hopes up. I'm always let down in the end. But the signs were all there. Even the girls saw it. I thought he liked me even though I didn't want to let myself believe it.

I guess we were wrong. I feel an overwhelming feeling of embarrassment wash over me and I excuse myself to go use the restroom.

I walk in and see Uni and Steph talking. Steph kind of freaking out and Uni helping her calm down.

"Hey Syd what's wrong?" Uni asks me and puts her hand on my arm.

"Well ummm Braeden brought his girlfriend." I say and look down.

"What? No way. He has a girlfriend?" Steph chimes in.

"Yea she's right out there, in the flesh if you wanna see for yourself. Her name is Anna." I say and walk to the sink. I used to really like the name Anna but right now I really, really despise it.

I'm like heartbroken but then again I'm not? I've always loved Braeden, he was always my favorite. I always had a dream of marrying him even though it's silly. And here I was thinking that it might just be possible. Only to have my hopes get let down.

"I wanna go home guys." I say and turn the sink on to splash my face with some cold water.

"No Syd. I swear he liked you dude. I could see it in his eyes." Steph walks towards me.

"Heck even I saw it. You can't go home." Eunice says and looks at me through the mirror.

"What am I supposed to do? I'm embarrassed that I thought, even for a second, that he liked me. He has a whole ass girlfriend out there." I motion my hand to the door.

"Listen Syd. I know you're upset but you can't let this ruin your day. Honestly I still think he likes you. And you never know what could happen with him. So what? He has a girlfriend, he's not married. Soccer has a goalie doesn't mean you can't score." she raises her eyebrows.

"I'm not trying to be a home wrecker Eunice."

"You don't even have to be sis. Just be yourself and if he falls for you, which I'm pretty sure he kind of already is, then that's his choice to leave her or not. This doesn't have to be the end of the world." Steph crosses her arms.

"I guess you guys are right. I'm just disappointed ." I lean back on the counter and look down at my shoes.

"I know me too. But let's just go out there and show him how amazing you are." Uni nudges me and forces me to walk out. "Oh and Steph remember what I told you, don't freak out it's just Cole. He's just like any other human out there just a bit famous that's all." she giggled and we all walk out of the bathroom.

Well here goes nothing.

———————————————————-

Eunice's POV

I really hope the girls take my words of encouragement. I for real thought Braeden had a thing for Syd, I mean everyone could tell.

Guys are just complicated which is why I'm trying to focus on school right now. I don't really have time for a relationship right now. I still got a couple more years of studying to do, then there's residency, and then the actually job. It's so much but it'll all be worth it in the end.