•1•

• M a x • 

•~ Planet earth is blue, and there's nothing I can do ~• 

(a/n: rushed chapter.it shows)

I click the mic to Katyas shirt quickly, Trixie watches nervously, her mic has already been attached, and she's awaiting her partner to be ready. When I finish, and Miss Fame helps us test, we wave goodbye to them. Pearl is smiling reassuringly at Trixie, but Pearl knows very well Trixie may never return. Most field missions, you had no reason to worry, most field missions, you didn't NEED to be scared or quick to act. This was different. Trixie and Katya were both fine agents, their greatest weapon was love, of course. Violet had her hands wrapped around Fames neck gently as she listened to Trixie and Katya over the microphone.This was my team, of old friends I'd assembled to join me.Violet was a no-brainer, she could rope enemies in with a flick of her heels and a twirl, she was our best field agent, a last resort in dangerous situations.She brought with her Miss Fame, who was surprisingly good at navigation, and spent her time helping navigate the field agents to where they needed to go, as of now she was helping Trixie and Katya.Sasha , Scarlet and Plastique were all field agents too, Sasha would mentor the others and teach them how to fight, Scarlet and Plastique were a paired team, a force to be reckoned with. Pearl, heh. Pearl and I were- are- uh, partners. She insisted she come help me with my collective, she had never trained for a field agent nor a navigational spot, she helped me co-ordinate the others on missions and make sure everyone was doing their part in helping.Miss Fame has gone into a state of concern, breaking the silence of the focused collective, she let out a gasp.

 "Max- Katyas line has gone silent- I think there was a fight".The collective, since I had formed it, never lost a member, nobody knew how to deal, Miss Fame, who has first hand audio, was now in Violets arms, panicking, her headphones were dropped on the table of switches, I rush over and quickly put them on, Trixie is screaming for Katya, whose line is silent indeed. 

"Trixie I need you to calm down-" 

"She's gone, Max" Trixie screams. "She's gone". I flinch at the pitch and tone of her voice against my ears, Pearl comes over, gently guiding her hand along my cheek to pull the headphones off delicately. She puts them on, mumbling words of comfort to Trixie, guiding her back to us. Miss Fame looks on helplessly, stuttering and sobbing still in Chachkis extended arms.Soon enough, after a silent wait spent reading a book on Marilyn Monroe, Trixie comes in, shaking, crying, her dress is spluttered with small dribbles of blood, she collapses into a heap on the floor, aided by Pearl, who has now left my side.Sasha takes a stance beside me, awaiting Trixie to calm down so she can be asked questions.The mission was to uncover the plans of a new organisation, who were rumoured to have some powerful, destructive weapon in their possession. Unlike my first mission, this was much more then just 'shaking things up a bit'. If the weapon were released, half of the population would be wiped out, more left homeless and on the streets. Trixie took a deep breath.

"They got Katya" she says quietly "We were chatting, perhaps too loud, and a woman- I recognised their voice, stabbed her" she grasps for air "I left her body-".

 "I can get that" Violet offers eagerly.

 "I think it was Aquaria" Miss Fame spoke quietly. "I met her once, I heard her voice over the line for a few moments, I just wasn't sure".

 Trixie nods "Aquaria- that's her-".

 Pearl comes beside me, sighing. "This- this could get messy"