Craig's Story

The blonde-haired boy gazed at his surroundings as his legs instinctively walked him home, having walked this way before. It was a bit later than he normally walked, though he didn't walk very often. He sighed as he wished his mom wasn't stuck at work so that he wouldn't have to walk. School had been tough and all he wanted to do was relax at home and watch T.V.. It didn't help that his brother completely forgot about him. He waited at least an hour before finally giving up and going home by himself. His mom always insisted that they walk home together, but he supposed he would just have to deal with the consequences later. Besides, it wasn't like this was Craig's fault.

As he walked past a certain part of town, he had a sinking feeling that something bad was about to happen. He became paranoid, gazing warily at his surroundings. It didn't help that his mom always said to be careful about this place especially. In fact, he was pretty sure this dump was why his mother told him to stick with his brother. There were shattered cars, run-down buildings, sketchy people staring at him at every turn. His breathing quickened as his paranoia became stronger.

He started walking faster, noticing a black van creeping up on him. He was half tempted to just call his mom anyways, but he knew she was at work and though his brother may have abandoned him, he didn't want the older to get in trouble. Plus, he would have to sacrifice his attention and he didn't think he could afford that at the moment.

The van behind him finally stopped, allowing Craig to slow down. He thought he was safe until two very big and very strong-looking men stepped out of the car. He started sprinting, but ran into another man who held him in some hold that he couldn't break out of. They held a white cloth up to his face quicker than he could think to scream. He tried kicking himself out of their grip, having a good idea of what was about to happen, but they were too strong. When he did try screaming, he only felt himself get drowsier. He tried anything he could think of, but they still overpowered him. By the time he felt his back get into contact with the back of their van, he felt himself lose consciousness.