Chapter 4.. Night Out

After the concert i decided to head out on the town. Maybe grab a drink or two and get something to eat. I haven't been out much recently so maybe this will be good for me.

I headed out of the stadium and walked to the bar I worked in to get a drink plus I can get a discount. You know, anything to save money. I walked in and saw Sarah serving a customer and waved. I sat myself at the bar and asked her for a vodka soda. Nothing that'll get me too buzzed. She brought me the drink and asked "how was the concert honey ?" I love her southern charm. Something I lack seriously for down here. "It was amazing I wish you would've gone it was spectacular. it blew me away!" "that's great sweetie. Maybe he'll come back into town sometime soon." "maybe" I said and smiled then I took a swig of my drink.

I got up, put eight dollars on the bar, said goodbye to Sarah and a few other of my co-workers and left the pub. I started walking back to my flat, I decided to go the long way home tonight since I was already out late and had nothing else to do. Thank god I didn't have to go in until 5pm tomorrow. The back way home included a little alley way to cut to the next street over, and usually there's no one in it except a cat or too. But tonight there was someone in it. I decided to be brave and just go through the alley instead of walking another 5 blocks down. It might be a stupid mistake but I just wanted to get home.

I took my phone out of my purse and put it in my hand just incase anything bad did happen. I started to walk into the alley, as I started to approach the person he didn't seem to phased by me so I was relieved. I saw him petting one of the cats that was usually in the alley. My favorite one too. As I approach the man he looks up and waves, so naturally I wave back. "What's a defenseless girl like you doing out so late in an alley?". " Just going to my flat, this ways a short cut" I reply back. " Are the poor cats always here?" he said sounding saddened. "Yeah they are ive always wanted to take the one you're petting home but I don't have the money to take care of it." I say. As I reach down to pet the cat I had realized something. The guy had a British accent.... I study him more carefully and catch a shimmer of his ginger hair in the moon light. Holy shit I'm talking to Ed Sheeran about cats. I try to keep my cool and I decide to ask him what his name was.