Chapter 03

| First Day of Work |

* * *
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

- Alan Kay

* * *

Anne's POV

Binasa ko 'yong house rules ni Boss Pogi agad-agad kahapon. Aba nalurkeyy ako sa rules nya!

House Rules

1. Get the duplicate key from Nanay Glo in the morning and give it back to her after you're done doing all the chores. Same in the evening.

2. I'm a vegetarian, so for my meals I'll give you my instructions on how you will cook it. During weekdays, prepare breakfast and dinner only. On weekends, it's up to me if you need to prepare lunch or dinner.

3. You can clean my flat whenever you want, just make sure that before I arrive in the evening it's clean already.

4. Wake me up at 8:00 AM by just knocking the door of my room. Do not open the door. Just keep knocking.

5. Do the laundry every Saturday morning only. Do not wake me up, I am off on Saturdays and Sundays.

6. You will receive a salary of 5,000.00 per month. If you agree to my terms and conditions, sign at the bottom of this paper and leave the original copy on the dining table. The photocopy will be yours.

Oh di ba? Ang sosyal!

October 12, 2015

Five thirty AM pa lang gising na ako. As usual nagluto na ako ng breakfast ko saka nag prepare na rin ng packed lunch para mamaya.

Tipid tipid din pag may time.

Pagkatapos kong magluto nagdilig muna ako ng halaman sa rooftop. By six forty-five AM kinuha ko na kay Nanay Glo 'yong key ng flat ni Boss nang makapag linis at luto na.

Kailangan kong matapos kaagad kasi nine AM ang pasok ko sa office. Keri ko 'to!

Para sa ekonomiya at pag-ibig! Hahaha advance nga kasi akong mag-isip!

Chosss!

Napa wow ako pag pasok ko sa flat nya. As in sobrang wow! Kompleto kasi sa gamit, at ang pagkaka ayos ay super neat and tidy.

Feeling ko hindi naman ako mahihirapan masyado sa paglilinis.

Sabi sa rules n'ya anytime of the day naman pwedeng maglinis. So mamaya ko na lang gagawin pagdating ko galing office. Mauuna naman akong dumating kesa sa kanya.

So okay magluluto na ako ng breakfast! Pag lapit so sa dining table, may nakapatong na note.

"Please prepare this for breakfast. Here's the recipe. Get the potatoes inside the fridge. The spices are all inside the cupboard over the sink."

"Wahh! Ano na tayo boss? Old way of communication lang?" Bulong ko.

So ayon na nga, mabuti na lang talaga magaling akong magluto. Madali namang lutuin 'yong food na pinapa prepare n'ya.

May recipe and procedures naman so kering keri! Ako pa ba? Hahaha.

Teka teka, inayos ko nang mabuti 'yong pagkaka plating ng pagkain and then kinunan ko ng picture. Bakit? Kasi mahilig akong mag post ng foods sa Instagram.

Blogger din po kasi ako. New cuisine 'to kaya need kong i-post agad. I will give credits to you boss na lang for the recipe hahaha.

Hala eight AM na! So dali dali akong lumapit sa pinto ng room n'ya at kumatok.

"Bossss! Wake up it's eight already!" Bossss! Bossssssss!!"

After mga five minutes ng kakakatok, sa wakas sumagot din.

"Are you done with my breakfast?"

"Yes boss!"

"Okay you can leave now."

You can leave now? 'Yon lang?! Gawin ba naman akong human alarm clock tapos you can leave now? Wala man lang pa thank you?

Hay naku pogi nga pero mukhang arrogant naman. Makaligo na nga! Baka ma late pa ako!

Sid's POV

My god! She's so loud!

I got up and fixed myself. Afterwards I went to the kitchen and saw my breakfast.

My tummy growled in an instant. It's odd. I am just hungry I guess.

I asked that lady to prepare 'Khasta Aloo', it's a North Indian dish.

"Khasta means "crispy" and "Aloo" means "potato." So it's pan fried mashed potatoes with stuffings and spices.

Ah! I hate explaining things..

But she prepared it so nice and I'm impressed. Then I began eating.

I paused for a while. She just followed the recipe but how come the taste is so different?

It's delicious! I liked it. Is she a chef? I need to ask Nanay Glo.

I saw her watering the plants near the gate while I'm on my way to work.

"Good morning Nanay Glo!" I asked her with a smile.

"Can I ask who's my new maid? I haven't talked to her in person yet."

"Ahhh her name is Anne but I call her Ana. She's also a tenant here."

"Where is she now?"

I asked with excitement. I don't know why. Because of her cooking skills? Maybe?

"She left for work already. She'll come back by seven PM."

"Work?" I asked again.

How many job does she have? I am confused.

"Yes, you saw that tall building in front of the SM Mall? She works there."

I wondered all of a sudden.

"She has a nice work but how come she accepted my job offer?"

"Oh about that, she's still supporting her family in the province so she needs an extra job to earn more."

"Ahh I see."

That's all I can say to Nanay Glo before bidding goodbye. In India, girls like her with a nice job will never accept a part time job like this.

On my way to office, I can't stop thinking about this girl named Anne.

She's interesting. I need to meet her.

Please do VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE if you like this chapter. 💜

A/N: Cooking is one of my hobbies. Do check out my Instagram account @_thehobbyhoarder for some food posts. It's not updated though. 😊