you're special

Tonight's the ball to celebrate Christmas and Renjun is currently very annoyed. His ex is attending this ball as well and whenever Renjun looks at him, he felt the need to puke. They ended their relationship on bad terms after all.

He didn't really tell his friends about this but he thinks that they know about the breakup already and they are probably coming to pester him about the news.

He wasn't ready about this, the confrontation from his friends he mean.

After the breakup, his ex sent thousands of excuses and apologies, saying how he was drunk and didn't mean all those words, saying how he misses Renjun and wants him back to himself so much.

"Miss me with that bullshit," Renjun said to the guy before blocking him on every social platform.

He had zero idea why he's even attending this ball, why he even agreed to his closest and 'ride or die' friend, Na jaemin, to come for his sake. Renjun do love the other, platonically, a lot, but he would rather stay home and chug on all the hot mocha with marshmallows while binge-watching those "Holiday season" shows.

He didn't notice the pink haired boy creeping up behind him as he is too lost in his thoughts.

"Boo! I scared ya did I, " Jaemin laughed as he suddenly hugged his friend from the back.

"Ha ha ha I didn't know this was a Halloween party Nana, " He sarcastically replied.

"Aw come on~ dance with some people around instead of just pigging yourself out!" He complained. Renjun just ignored him and continued eating.

"Still mad about your ex?" He asked.

Renjun shrugged, he does miss those happy moments he had with his ex, yet all the bad moments destroyed it for him.

"Junnie~" Jaemin pouted.

"Fine fine I'll dance later okay?" Renjun reluctantly agreed as he couldn't stand looking at his friend pouting.

"Yay~" Jaemin cheered.

"Geez, you are 19 years old and you still behave like a kid." Renjun pinched the other's nose.

"It's called being young at heart, no harm no harm~" Jaemin slung his arm on Renjun's shoulder.

"Yeah, whatever helps you sle-" Renjun stopped halfway as he realised that his ex is heading towards him.

" Injunnie~?" Jaemin was puzzled at first, before looking at the direction Renjun was looking at.

"Fuck Fuck Fuck What do I do?" Renjun panicked when he saw him. He noticed that he is near the centre of the hall, which is where people are dancing and decides to make a rash decision.

There's a stranger beside him drinking his wine while watching the dance and laughing at his friends. And if Renjun has to choose between a stranger and his best friend, he would choose the stranger.

He grabs the stranger nearest to him and starts pulling him to the dance. The stranger looks shocked and immediately puts his glass on a waitress' plate before dancing.

He didn't notice who he pulled at first, because his main motive was to avoid his ex. Thank god Renjun has learnt contemporary dancing for a long time, so he knows his skills. He danced and danced, not focusing on his partner at all. Eventually, he loses his ex in the middle of the dance, he then sighed in relief.