The beginning.

Chloe Valentine. The queen bee of Middleborough high.  The backstabber, the gossip girl, the best friend, the guy magnet. That one girl in school you DON'T want to mess with. And then there's Brooke... Chloe's best friend. Her sidekick, her partner in crime. Just like Chloe... but with a weaker, more sympathetic side. She regrets the things that Chloe laughs at, she likes the boys Chloe labels 'gay' or 'ugly'... but they still get along like a house on fire. Our story starts in early winter on a regular school day...     

"Brooke!" Chloe called across the school courtyard. "Look who just got together!" Chloe grabbed out her phone and swiped onto @michael_mell's instagram feed. "Wait... is that JEREMY?" Brooke was shocked. "Uh-huh! I can't believe you dated a GAY guy, Brooke. Like, EW!" A deep look of hurt flashed up onto Brooke's face, but she quickly replaced it with the most disgusted face she could manage... "Uh, Yeah. Gays are like... SO gross. I am TOTALLY over Jeremy!" "Ugh, good. I was worried for you, Brooke." Brooke bit her tongue. She couldn't tell Chloe. Not yet.

Brooke was surprised to find herself walking to Jeremy's locker at the end of that day. This was obviously a last resort, talking to her ex. She had to do this fast. She folded up a post-it note that she had written on earlier... 'Meet me behind the school tomorrow morning. Please? Brooke x' she regretted the x, but she had written it now. She slipped the note into his locker and walked off as fast as she could.

The next morning, Jeremy was waiting at the spot behind the school Brooke had shown him when they were dating. He was slightly nervous, and slightly confused. Did she want to get back together? She knew he was gay, right? He felt his entire face go tomato red, as it did when he got nervous... and there was Brooke, walking around the corner. Coffee in hand, hair straightened and lips pink. "Jeremy, you came! I was nervous you wouldn't..." Jeremy didn't know what to say. His brain had frozen, he still wasn't good at talking to girls even after the SQUIP experience. "I-It's okay, you don't have to say anything. Well, I mean, you don't have to say anything yet. I, well, just, we're friends, and I have something I need to get off my chest, and, I thought that you might understand..." "Go on. I'll listen." Jeremy had no idea how he had managed to muster up enough courage to say even that, and was proud. "Well... I- I think I'm into Chloe." Whoa. Not what he was expecting "I- um, I..." "No, Jeremy, you don't have to say anything..." "Look, Brooke. I understand your situation... I've gone though what you're going through. D-do you want, like, coming out advice, or..." "Y-Yes, please... but, it's just, the other day, C-Chloe was gossiping a-about you and Michael, and, well, she kept saying how gross gays were... I don't think she'll like me back..." Brooke could feel her nervousness building. She had wanted to talk about this, but she didn't know whether Jeremy would take it well... on the other hand, Jeremy felt suddenly sympathetic for her. After all, they were friends, even if not close ones, but maybe he was her best shot at helping her. "Brooke.... it's okay. I understand, and I promise I'm not judging you. I didn't realise that Michael was into me until he told me last week... and being together with him just felt so right. It was then that I realised my sexuality, Brooke. My best advice to you is to tell Chloe... I know what good friends you are. Even if she says no, real friends will be able to talk it over and resolve it. Me and Michael will always be up to talk if you need any advice." As if on cue, the school bell rang, signalling the beginning of classes. "T-thanks, Jeremy... that was really helpful. See you in math, I guess..." "See ya."