Chapter Three

Jeremy was still astounded and confused about what had happened with Brooke that morning as he walked home from school with his buddy, and now boyfriend, Michael. Brooke was obviously very good at hiding things, including her sexuality. When he was dating her, he honestly had no clue. He also understood how scary it could be, coming out... when Michael had asked him out, he felt a sense of confusion- Michael had also hidden it pretty well. It came as a shock to Jeremy, but he knew that if he said no then it would hurt Michael deeply. It's hard to let someone know of your feelings, especially when they're your friends, and you don't want to ruin what you already have. He decided to give it a try, and he then realised that he belonged with Michael. Coming out was another thing, though- he had left that to Michael, his fearless companion, who decided to post a picture of them holding hands on his instagram. And that's how they came out... but they did that together. Brooke was on her own... well at the moment, anyway. Breaking up with Christine was one of the most upsetting things that he had done in a while... he had loved Christine from a distance, but he didn't feel quite the same when they actually got together. The look on Christine's face when he told her he wanted to break up had made him cry... she looked so vulnerable. So sad... although he knew that they weren't meant for each other. He felt happier with Michael now.

No matter how hard he tried, Jeremy's brain was still full of the talk he had had with Brooke. He hadn't quite know what to tell her- Michael would have know better... "Oh! That's IT!' Jeremy said to himself as he was walking, not realising that he had spoken out loud. "What's what, Jer?" Asked Michael, as he turned down the Bob Marley that was coming out loud through his headphones. "Oh, well Michael, I think somebody that I know needs your help. Like, desperately. She's... in a similar situation to what you would've been in, and I thought you might be able to help..." "Oh! Who is this girl?" "Uhhh... Brooke." "Wait... Brooke? Like, Brooke LOHST? The one that you dated?" "Yeah, uhh, that one." Jeremy still regretted everything that had happened with the SQUIP. He had dated Brooke, which was something that he NEVER would've done; and he left his player 2 behind. He preferred to pretend that none of the things the SQUIP had made him do had happened, but he had to put up with the occasional comment about it. Michael must've seen the upset, regretful look on Jeremy's face, because he instantly knew that something was wrong. "Hey, Jer, you okay?" "Yeah... I'm fine, Michael, don't worry." "Okay..." Micheal's face clouded over with worry. Had he done something wrong? Was Jeremy not into him? Was he making a mistake trying to become more than friends with him?? Since Michael was only one week in to his first ever relationship with the love of his life, he didn't want to mess things up... "So, about Brooke..." Jeremy's voice cut into Michael's frantic thoughts, calming him down a little. "Would you be up to talk to her? Y-you know, about coming out? Maybe you could help her to face her fears and tell Chloe..." Whoops. "Ugh, stupid me and my big mouth!" Jeremy yelled through gritted teeth. "You can't tell Brooke that I said anything about that, okay??" "Don't worry, Jer. You have my word." Jeremy smiled. "Thanks, Michael." "No problemo."