Chapter 2

"TAKI!! TAKI- I WANNA GO INSIDE..!"
I scream. Takita takes me and Kumada inside the house. I run to my mother.
"Mama! S-someone- i- there was a creepy tall lady behind the hedges...!!"
I said, my voice shaky and my face pale with fear.
My mother's eyes widened and she covered her mouth to stifle a gasp.

"Naru.. describe her.. more clearly please.. "
Mother said with a tone of worry in her voice.

"She.. she had long dark hair.. white skin.. white as paper.. eyes black as night.. and a horrifying smile... she wore a white hat, and a white dress.. she was as tall as the big hedges... 8 feet tall..."
I whispered.
Mother's eyes widened more, and she ran to lock the back door. She ran into the living room and called for grandfather. She explained what I told her. he went into his room, and got a big, sharp, bamboo stick. He unlocked the back door, and ran into the forest. I'm assuming he went to fight her.

Mother took me, Takita, and Kumada into a room underground, walled with cement. There was a big cross on the wall, next to a Buddha statue. There were 3 mattresses on the ground and a table of food for us. A T.V. was plugged into the wall.
"You three must stay here for the night and cannot leave until me and grandpa say otherwise."
We nodded in unison and sat on the mattresses.

Hours passed.
Then we heard a knock on the basement door.

"Children? You don't have to be alone. Let me come in and protect you!"
It sounded like my grandfather. I stand up to open the door.
"Wait-!"
My brother yanks me back by my wrist.
"Look at the cross...!"
It was turning... grey-!?
I hear grandfather's voice growing distorted. I hear that sound again...
"Po... po... po-po... po... PO!!"
I scream:;
"YOU'RE NOT GRANDPA!! GO AWAY!!"
My brother hugged me and my little sister close as we cried into his shirt.
"PO!! PO PO PO PO!!"
The sound grew louder and as impossible as it may seem, more distorted and horrid!
My little sister was praying. Just As Takita and I.

Eventually the sound grew quiet, then stopped all together. Me and Kumada were shaking as Takita held us. We were all sobbing out of fear. We didn't sleep that night.