Chapter eighteen.

"We all need that one person who we can tell everything to and trust with our lives. Otherwise life becomes so dull and painful." -Unknown.

Jia's P.O.V.

They had given me a glass of water, and told me to sit down. So I obliged. If it was something important like they claimed it to be; I suppose I should listen without making too much of a fuss.

No-one had said anything, not my mother or father. I took another long sip of water, finding it to be rather refreshing. The silence though, had become almost deafening, so I took one last sip of water, before speaking up myself.

"What's so important, that you needed to speak to me about right away?" I ask, clasping the glass of water tightly - expecting the worst.

"Jia, this may be a little hard for you to take in.. But, your mother and I, well, when we were young and quite stupid. Well, your mother fell pregnant and had a baby." My father begun.

I knew this couldn't have been me, my mother was in her late thirties when she had me. So that must mean that she had, had another baby with dad when she was much younger. Which is what they were trying to explain, I had an older brother or sister out there somewhere.

"Now, Jia. Your older sister has gotten in contact with us, and she wants to know if you'd like to meet her." My father continued, giving me a warm smile.

I didn't exactly know how to feel about this, the pros and cons. That's usually how people weighed things out right? Well, the pros were I wouldn't feel so alone anymore, I had an older sister and she could be someone I could confide in. However, the cons were that I'd never met her before so she might not like me, she might think I'm weird and things.

After a few minutes I had made up my mind. I glanced from my mother to my father as they were now both looking at me expectantly - oh how the roles have changed in the last few minutes.

"I'd love to meet her." I managed to say, somewhat confidently considering the circumstances.

They nodded their heads and proceeded with what they had to do, while I left the room as quietly as possible. I didn't want to disturb what ever they had to do, to get in contact with my sister. I really did want to meet her, it would be fun to have someone else around while my mother and father were on business trips and other work opportunities. That they couldn't really afford to miss.

I took a slow walk upstairs, walked into my room and flopped onto my bed. I didn't really know what to think, or do at the precise moment. I guess I was shocked, overly shocked because I had never even known of any other siblings - obviously. As far as I was concerned, I was an only child.

Recently, talking to Leo was something that helped. He confided and trusted in me, as I did with him.

I had told him about all the things that had been worrying me, like taking GCSE's and some boy trouble. While, he told me about his family and Overload appearing on The X Factor, and how proud he was of all the boys - especially Joey for taking an extra step in fulfilling their dreams.

I typed out a quick message, into the Bars and Melody direct messages. I had simply said, "I'm having a little bit of family trouble, a conversation would be nice right now. Jia 💕" I hit the send button, waiting for the notification to say that it had sent.

A few seconds had passed, and the notification popped up, saying that the message had sent to Leo. He'd probably reply sometime tonight or tomorrow. I checked the time, and noticed that it was half past nine.

I changed into some fluffy purple pyjamas, that had a kitten print on them. Nothing wrong with girly pyjamas right? I then went back over to my bed, and played a game of subway surfers on my phone, before placing it on my bedside cabinet. So, I could get some rest for tomorrow.