DOROTHY, HER DAUGHTER, AND THE HOPE DIAMOND

I grew up in Buena Park, California, a very ackward and lonely kid. Fortunately across the street was my Friend, Dottie. She looked like Tracy Ulmans character,  Ruby Romaine. I was 12, she 84, and full of life, with her bright Hawaiian shirts, tight white pants, catseye glasses , bright red lipstick, and her platinum beehive. We used to tool around in her white convertible.  One day she was very sad.  She sat in her orange recliner in the livingroom, a table round, between us, me in an orange chair that swiveled. Dorothy was crying, staring, at a color picture of her daughter.  She told me about her daughter, who modeled the Hope Diamond,  and died young from its curse, as did her daughters husband. On the table is a probably 10×12 picture in a gold filigree frame.  Her daughter was beautiful,  in a peacock blue, shimmery dress, her dark brown hair up in a beehive like her mom, around her neck, the Hope Diamond,  so blue, almost purple, it washed out that brilliant dress. I was a kid, I never thought to ask her daughters name. She was a Harry Winston Employee,  and a Model, she toured the world with Harry. Please, help me find her name, for Dorothy,  even the Smithsonian,  couldnt help. The picture I saw was family picture. Her daughter made commission, for it being in Manhattan salon windows,  I believe this was 1939. Another picture of her is in the Hope Diamond archives. Dorothy made me feel very special.  I didnt realize at 12, I was doing grief counseling.  She trusted me. It is part of the reason I became a Counselor.

This is a short draft, in your opinion it is a story,  worth finishing. This is my life.