Chapter One

I was running through the empty streets of my region, i was skipping school which is very risky. The streets were deserted, everyone was at work doing something for the region or everyone was at school.Unless people, like my brother, were taking the test to be fit into a mandatory family. I shook my head and the tears. No one saw me cry, no one saw me as weak. I was the keep to myself, hide the emotion and be mysterious type. It kept me out of trouble and the Treatment. I decided to run, it was not safe to be alone in the streets, the guards like to patrol often. I flipped my bangs out of my eyes, and the running made my lungs burn. I felt so alive, so alive in years! I smiled and push myself further,and as i ran i saw things from the past region, the people who lived free and travled as my school says. I sighed and wished to be free from this cage and i ran faster, to the wilderness in the center of our region. It wasnt too far from my family household, probably a block more. I can see the greenery and i could see the birds flying inbetween the trees, this was the only area that had greenery and animals, the rest of the region was grey. The houses, the house unit interiors , our clothes, even our hair. I liked the green and color of everything else and that made me want to run faster.

When i finally reached the crumbling stone wall, i smiled and breathed in the air as i panted for air. We are never aloud here unless we ask premission and i always come here, to meet with Kaiden. KAiden oh how our friendship is forbidden but he is just my go to person. I can tell him anything and trust him unlike my family unit. I loved him...as a friend. I dont know what the other type of love is, but if i did i would say i felt that way too, i sighed and sat on the edge of the wall and slid down.  The main entrance is always guarded so i go throught the sides. Once at the bottom, i walked around the tangle of rumble andd tree roots, teh sun shining through the trees. I smiled as it hit my hair and made the grey turn a pale yellowish color. Color, oh i long for it, we only see it in books, i sighed and then something moved behind me. I kept walking, then i began to walk faster until it turned into a full out sprint. i jumped over roots and things, i kept running the trees thinning to a crumbling path but before i could i heard heavy foot steps behind me, they were fast and i knew it was running. I tried to run faster when it grabbed my hand. I struggled and \was about to scream when a hand clamped over my mouth.

"Sh."Said a voice, and it was Kaiden.

"Mh mer sra."I mumbled against his hand, he laughed and i felt his arm shake with laughter. It was a strange strangled sound but it sounded nice. LIke a care free Kaiden i once knew, when we were kids...not this Kaiden who will be in a family unit in 5 days with a wife and kids.I felt his hand drop and i turned around.

"You scared me kai!"I smiled.

"Who did you think i was?" He said, Kai stood roughly 5'11. A giant in todays times, he had shaggy hair that hung in his eyes and went below his ears. He had a smile that seemed fake and real all at once, rosey pink cheeks against his grey skin and dark priecing blue eyes. He wore the standard uniform of grey top and grey pants with black shoes, his eyes searched mine and i looked down quickly.

"A tree monster."i said.

"Hey! I might be a gaint but i have feelings!" 

"I know.."i laughed.

"Oh do you pip squeak?" He smirked.

"Yes i do, and i thought you were  atree monster cause you were chasing me like one!" i heard his laugh and it made me smile, he had this odd choked laugh i loved.

"Your mean."

"And you love me."

"Yeah, love.."He muttered.

"hey!"I pouted.

"See now i have offended you, we are even."

"Fine, but your still mean."

"Oh shush and listen."

"Ok.."

"Well we both have the test in 5 days for our new family units.."

"Dont remind me, giant."

"Sh Detrix. We could escape-" I cut him off.

"Are you nuts!? We could get killed! We could get sick, we could starve-"Now he cut me off.

"Shut up Trix! Remind me when we escape to bring your meds! My gosh! We could do it, i dont want to say goodbye.."

"Oh my meds?You wanna hit me that low?"

"Trix.."

"What?"

"I didnt mean it..your just so hyper.."

"Im defective i get it."

"No, your not..Please just hear me out."

"FIne."

"Ok, i know the outside world..why dont we try it?"

"MY brother Kai."

"Trix, he is getting a new unit today. Please just come with me?"

"Oh.." I looked at the ground, i saw chunks of cement and i kicked a small peice of it into a tree. "Well.."

"Please. I cant survive without my lucky charm."

"Oh, Alright." I smiled and he caught me off guard by pickingme up spinning around, he was so talla nd strong i clung to him scare i would fall. Then i heard him laugh.

"What?"

"I wont drop you so please, stop clawing me.." He kept laughing.

"Sorry.." I let go and he put me down, my cheeks hot.

"Well, get home, it will be safer there..See you soon?"

"Yeah..in 5 days."I Smiled and walked past him to the way i came in.

"Ok Trix." 

I kept walking i heard his footsteps becoming faint in the other direct, i climbed up the wall that i slid down and i quickly ran to get to my family unit faster. But then..in the distance..i culd hear about 30 footsteps coming around the bend.. and then..i caught the glistening helmet..Guard on patrol...

My unit was between us, they were in front of me coming. I had to act quick before they came at  me, then my eyes caught something. I was saved..

__

He he cliff hangeeerrr. Sorry ill upload this faster if you guys like it. See you guys sunday when i get some inspiration.