Chapter 1

Chapter 1

[Scene 1: Training]

I WAS SWEATING profoundly, "Times up!" The stopwatch in Coach's hand went off, "Nice Job Elite!" I nodded appreciatively, dabbing my forehead on the towel. I grab the water bottle drowning the water thirsty. I had spent hours training, so much that I was starting to feel dehydrated and my clothes were stuck to me like second skin as the material soaked in my sweat.  

"Ah!" I exclaim in relief, feeling some energy come back to me. "Laps?" I asked, as Coach scribbles down something on his notebook. 

"You'll overwork your muscles Rose," Coach sighed, as delicate my name sounded I always had to remind myself no matter how pretty the flower was it had it's deadly thorns for protection. My name fit me perfectly. 

"Try and do some stretches before bed, other than that your progress is well. Soon you'll be able to beat your own record." 

People had always asked me why I worked so hard to be better than myself when I was the best out there. I had always replied, that I didn't work hard to be better but I worked hard for myself. Scrap that, when people usually asked nonchalant questions like that I never bothered to reply.

My parents had always to taught me to find a sense of purpose in life. At first my purpose was to become one of the Elites, the best human out there. Now that I was the best female Elite, I had lost that sense of purpose. 

I could always try to be the best elite out of the male and female's but with the system the government had placed that was impossible - their words not mine - and punishable. They couldn't stand women coming out on top, especially now that the population of women on our planet had increased. 

"Right Steve" I put my hand up as a farewell, walking out. 

"See you tomorrow, Rose" My Coach replied, awe in his voice. 

I wasn't much talkative, but I had my moments. Everyday the Elite we required to undergo training. I wiped my hand across the glass window, it blinks green giving me access, the glass door slides open to give entrance. 

I enter my personal changing area that was strictly prohibited to other Elites. 

"Welcome Rosalina, Key at your assistance!" 

The robotic voice spoke, as the lights turned on one by one automatically. I headed over to the mirror, my hair was in a fish plait tail and my black uniform clung to my skin like second nature. At first I felt naked wearing it because it clung so tightly on my body, but I only realised that it was specialised to keep blood flow smooth and help my muscles build in strength and maintenance.

"Key, decrease to 12 degrees and turn on the dehumidifier!" 

"Decreasing temperature to 12 degrees. Dehumidifier activated." Her robotic voice spoke through the speakers. I went past the lockers and one of them automatically opened. I picked up the black suitcase unlocking it as it scanned my fingerprint. 

I placed a earpiece in my ear and placed contact lense in my eyes. Lights started to flicker in my vision and number and letters appeared in my vision as I blinked. 

"Rebooting system" Key, my personal computerised assistant spoke directly in my ear through the ear piece. I but on the metal cuffs around my wrist as it blinks red and changed to green after a while.  

I saw letters like holographic image appear in front of me calculating the percentage of updates that had been completed. 

"Reboot complete" 

"Open social application." I command key, walking over to the wardrobe that contained my other uniforms. I take the one I'm supposed to wear whilst socialising with other elites. 

It's a black dress, with the Elite logo on it. 

"You have 1 new message" 

I frown, usually i'm not expecting to see a message because it's so uncommon.

"Open message." I command. 

"Opening holographic message!" 

A holographic person appears in front of me, it's the Elite manager. Our boss, the one that from the government official. He's the most influential man out there. He stands straight, his posture is proud as he wears his uniform. There is no fear in his eyes. He was the man who built the Elites, although quite aged to reach the standard for being a elite, he was one of the first people known to be one. 

"Dear fellow Elite, I am inviting you to a gathering at the Rouge Paray. It is mandatory for your presence, and I shall suggest you wear your work uniform. Please bring with you your Key Assistant. See you at 7. Sergeant Cothway! We are the Elite, we are one or there are none!" He salutes. 

Automatically, as if he really is there and this message was not pre recorded before, I salute back. "We are the Elite, we are one or there are none!" I repeat with a strong voice. 

The hologram dissolve into pixels of nothingness as I stare in silence. A meeting called by the Sergeant was very uncommon gesture.

"End of message!"   

[Next Scene: Meeting]