~Chapter 3~

At the end of school, Maxwell went into the bathroom and found Zack about to be hit so by instinct he jumps in the way and gets hit for Zack then kicks the bully in the nuts. Max pulls Zack out of the bathroom and hugs him gently.

"You okay? Did you get hit? How's your bloody nose?" Maxwell was worried and panicked, Zack smiles at him.

"I'm fine M-Max, thanks for worrying though." Zack was a little more comfortable around Max, currently Max was gaining a black eye from taking that punch to protect Zack but honestly Max didn't care at all he was just happy that Zack was safe, happy, and unharmed.

"Okay, so we are good to hang out as soon as we leave?" Max asks to try and keep Zack from worrying about the black eye.

"Just gotta stop by my house so I can drop my stuff off with my older sister before she has to go to work, I honestly can't wait for the weekend." Zack said, still quiet like usual, he didn't like to talk louder than he needed to. As long as Max could hear him then he was loud enough.

"You usually take the bus so we can drive there in my car, right?" Maxwell offers and Zack nods in response. Maxwell smiles at this and leads Zack out to his car, taking his time being in no rush really.

"Max?" Zack says while tugging on Maxwell's sleeve a little trying to get Maxwell's attention, in Zack's ming though Maxwell would turn around and yell at Zack that he is annoying and he began to panic and breathe heavy until Max hugs him and pets him.

"What's wrong? What happened Zack?" Max asked while still hugging him gently and petting him still. Zack realized that Max was different from the others, Max cared about him and would always protect him.

"It was a dumb thing, don't worry about it Max." he says just above a whisper with a pur from being pet as he hugged him back. He felt happy, happier than he has ever felt anywhere that wasn't home.His sister loved him more than anyone in the whole world but she had to work a lot to support them both on their own. Their parents had kicked Zack out because he wasn't "good enough" and this pissed Zack's sister off who told them to go to hell and left with him to take care of him. Zack smiles a little more and hugs him tighter. Max smiles happily and outs Zack in the car and pets him then gets in the driver's seat.

"After we drop off your stuff where would you like to go?" Max asks and smiles. Zack shrugs as his cat ear twitches. Max rolls his eyes.

"You're like a girl, not able to decide where you want to go." Max chuckles and Zack blushes because of a little secret he has about himself that not even his sister knows.

'Sorry about that." Zack smiles and blushes. He looks away, and Max just laughs a little

"You're fine Zack, don't worry about it." Max messes up Zack's hair and Zack smiles happily. Zack smiles gently and Max kept driving. He felt at ease and couldn't wait to keep hanging out with Max that day, he was debating talking to Max about him staying with him and his sister for the night. He couldn't wait he was really excited. Upon arriving at Zack's house Zack hops out and runs inside with his stuff, he ran in and squeals loudly and happily. Zack's sister, Zoey, walks up.

"What's got you so happy baby brother?" She asks with a smile as she messes up Zack's hair. Zack giggles.

"I made a friend!" he says happily and runs to put up his stuff. Then comes back and hugs his sister.

"I'm glad, how about you invite him to stay for dinner tonight?" Marcus says as he steps up, Zack's ears fold when he hears him. He never liked him Marcus was mean and abusive to him and his sister. Max out in the car saw Zack's cat ears fold and gets out and goes to him.

"What's wrong Zack?" Max asks and hugs Zack and looks at Marcus and Zoey.

"You must be Zack's sister. I'm Maxwell it's a pleasure to meet you." max kept hugging Zack while offering a handshake to Zoey.