Part 1

Walking into the small diner that always managed to smell like coffee and pancakes, I smiled. This is my happy place. I always love coming to this diner and now, I get the chance to work here. I walk Into the back smiling at all my co-workers, I slide my old apron on and walk back out, finishing tying the back and look up only to freeze. My father, the most feared gang leader on this half of the United States, stood at the counter with the hard glare he only kept for the facade. My twin brother, Marc standing behind and slightly to the side. He notices me first and informs papa. He all but storms over to me and says, "Mallory," I immediately look down knowing, I am in public and that we are not allowed to show disrespect in public, "Yes, father?" He silently sighs hating this as much as I do, "You are coming home, now." I just nod and my brother puts his hand on my back gently guiding me.

Once in the car, my mind immediately jumps into overdrive. Did I do something wrong? Papa usually lets me be, as long as I am within his reach. "Mal." "Mallory." I hear papa and Marc say at the same time. I snap my head up. "Huh?" Papa chuckles, then quickly, pulls this face that I have only seen him pull when talking about my childhood best friend. He sighs, "I am so sorry baby girl, you know you are the one thing that I cannot let get hurt besides your mother and sister, your brothers can take care of themselves, but I cannot let you stay here, It is getting too dangerous, someone has attacked and I am sending you to live with Alec for a while." I perk up at the name of the person who abandoned me at 12, "A-Alec? But papa,-" "Mal, just do it please?" Marc finally says speaking up I just nod as we pull into the house, "Your bags are packed and in his car. You have a long trip so I suggest saying goodbye and getting on the road." I just nod walking towards the house. I am about 5 yards away when my younger siblings run out, Kenyan and Carter. They are twins just like Marc and I, us, being 18, and Kenyan and Carter being 16, along with my youngest sibling, and the only other girl, Alice, being only 3, I doubt she even knew what was going on.

Some Background on me and my family,

My papa is "The big bad gang leader." Also known as Max Young, but in reality, he is a soft little teddy bear, he met my momma when he was 16 she was 15 and apparently never left her side. Papa is the leader of "The Kings" and Alec, my childhood best friend, his dad is the leader of "The Snakes". Marc and I are 18, my name is Mallory Taylor Young, being the eldest 2 of the siblings, Marc Alexander Young claims he is the eldest just because he was born like half an hour before me. Kenyan and Carter are 16 and they were born 3 minutes apart, and Alice, the youngest of us all, is 3 when she was born we were all surprised that it wasn't another set of twins, but we are all totally in love with the eccentric little girl.

Marc and Mallory

Marc and Mallory

(Pyper America and Lucky Blue Smith)

Kenyan and Carter

(Ethan and Grayson Dolan)

Alice

Alec

Stephen James Hendry

After hugging my family I pick Alice up and head towards the house when a big guy comes walking out of the house and I freeze, It looks like Alec, but it looks more like his dad. He comes up and shakes papa's hand and looks towards me and suddenly I know that it's Alec as he uses my old nickname, "Bunny, are you ready?" I look down kissing Alice's head and nod towards him, letting him know that I am and put Alice on the ground and walk towards his car.

Once in the car, he speaks to papa for a minute and then he joins me. He looks towards me and sighs, knowing I will not speak to him yet. After around 20 minutes of driving and deafening silence, he pulls over into an old parking lot, parks, and turns to look at me. "Please please just talk to me. I cannot handle it, Bunny. I need you to talk to me." I sigh and look at him "Why?" is all I say, he looks down, "Because, damn it, I love you. That's why you haven't heard from me for 6 years, that's why your father wouldn't talk about me, that's why he kept me away from you. He wants you to marry someone normal, get out of this life." As he says this I just gape at him. "Y-you love me?" He looks down, "I have since we were kids, and I knew you didn't feel the same, and it is okay if you still don't but I need you to understand, It has been hell not talking to you. Not being able to see you. I hated it more than you." I just nod, "Alec.." He looks up, "I may not love you yet, the way you love me, but I can try. " He looks up, "Really?" I giggle, "Yes." He hugs me, "fuck, I am taking you on a date, as soon as I can." I smile at him and nod he buckles back up and gets back on the road.