The orphanage

**Going through a huge editing spree on here because I cringed myself out reading my old stuff from when I was fourteen, only one change has been made, and that's Holly's name, it's now Zenaide, pronounced Zah-Nay-Ed**

I woke up to Miss Dodsworth screeching at us all to get up. I groaned and sat up to see her stood next to my bed.

"Try not to look like shit today, we have people coming in to adopt! Now get up and hurry up!" She rushed. I just rolled my eyes at her.

I grabbed my 'uniform' and other needed bits, then headed to the bathroom, turning the shower on so it was nice and hot as I spread out my clothes, which consisted of; a white shirt with sleeves that came up to just below my elbow, black tights, a black pleated skirt and black boots. I had also grabbed my Black Veil Brides hoodie.

I then jumped in, the hot water stinging as I immediately began to wash myself. Once I was out, dry and changed, I blow dried and straightened my hair, doing thick eyeliner.

As I rushed out the bathroom, one of my roommates, Kelsey, tripped me up in the hall, making me drop everything.

"Let the people who need the bathroom to actually look decent use it first, troll." Kelsey sneered.

"Just fuck off." I sighed, sick of all of this. Before I even knew what was happening, she had me up against the wall by the collar of my shirt, Amy and Louise somehow appearing either side of her.

I scowled and pushed her shoulders, making her drop me and stumble backwards in surprise. But she quickly recovered and glared at me. I started to ready myself, but she already punched me in the face.

She had a smirk on her face as she looked either side of her at Amy and Louise, both girls laughing. I used her distraction to my advantage and punched her in the face with everything I had, which sent her tumbling down on her butt, then down the stairs, but it was only six steps.

Amy and Louise each pushed a shoulder and sent me to the floor, Amy kicking me as Louise sent another couple of punches to my face.

When they were done, they both rushed over to Kelsey, so I picked up my stuff and ran to my room, throwing my already packed school bag over my shoulder and grabbing my mirror and wet wipes, cleaning the blood from my face as I walked to the hall.

I sighed as I thought about this group of people coming today, hoping that I would at least get a chance to talk to someone, but I knew that was wishful thinking, no-one wanted the lonely emo that sits in the corner.

I sighed and threw my bag onto the desk as I sat down, pulling out my pencil and my maths notebook with an internal groan, groaning out loud when I saw we where doing algebra.

The text books were handed out and we were told to get on. Whilst no one was looking, I slipped an earbud into my ear and pressed shuffle on my iPod, playing it quietly so it wasn't heard in the silent hall. Luckily the purple cables blended into my purple hair.

Slowly, excited chatter began to filter out the silence in the room. I sighed, looking next to me at the lonely, empty space.

It was then that I noticed neither Amy, Louise or Kelsey had come down to the hall.

I continued with my algebra, ignoring Miss Mackleworth's announcement that the group of five was here. They won't talk to me and I know they won't.

I looked next to me at the group of younger kids, being taught by Miss Dodsworth.

"Attention children!" Miss Mackleworth called. The chatter immediately stopped as a sea of seventy heads looked up. I just kept my head down.

"Zenaide! Take that thing out of your ear!" Miss then shouted at me. I rolled my eyes and pulled it out, looking up at her, I had to stop my jaw dropping at the sight in front of me.