The Beginning

Kai sat on the edge of the cliff wondering about what he was seeing. He had been secluded from the outside world for so long he hardly remembered how it looked. He removed his handkerchief from around his face, revealing his blue eyes. The summer sun was now setting and the city lights began to spark. "Ah, Tokyo,"he said to himself taking a hearty breath. He gazed at the tall illuminated buildings, the colorful streetlights and the thousands of people walking up and down the beautiful city. His heart skipped a beat, for he longed to be able to lead a normal life again. But he was a chosen warrior now, he had to stay away from the outside world.

"Hey!"

"What Samantha?" Kai asked the voice behind him. A teen aged girl around his age approached from the darkness of the forest. She had beautiful features like her long hair and her hazelnut eyes.

"Sensei Katasi needs us. Now!" Samantha said.

"Whatever, that old man always needs me. Like the time he 'so urgently' needed me to wash the hut, or the time I-"

"Does everything need to be about you you arrogant bastard!" Samantha shouted. "Just make sure that you're there before Leon." With those words she ran off in a blast of pink energy. Kai got up lazily, savoring the last view of the city he would get for another two months or so. He raced after Samantha, leaving a steel light behind him as he ran.