Chapter 4

The gang woke up by the side of the Sleeping Lily River, flustered, confused, and messed up. Kai's muscles ached from every inch of his body, pain running through him like a jolt of electricity.

Sammantha was messed up the most, her hair trashy and ruffled, her face painted by the mud and dirt of the banks of the river. Her eyes even seemed swollen.

Darren and Sensei Katasi were the least affected. Actually, they were barely affected at all, except Sesnei Katasi's injured leg, they were both okay.

The morning sun began to peek over the outline of the edge of the mountain range, lighting the green lands with its pleasnt smile. The light travelled along the banks of the Sleeping Lily River, shimmering like a myriad of diamonds on the water.

"It is the sixth hour, students," Sensei Katasi said simply. He craned his neck over the bush beside him and scoped out the land. "We must find refuge."

"Where?" Sammantha asked, looking slightly disgruntled. Sensei Katasi looked over the bush again, as if there was an objective right infront of him.

"That doesnt answer the question, sensei," Kai said, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

Sensei Katasi glanced at Kai, but said nothng. He took himself up and limped over to a nearby tree, leaning on it for support. He stared into the open again with that same look. The silence welcomed the musing of the newly awakened birds of the range. They flew overhead, chirping and whistling with the gentle wind. "We cannot return to the hut."

"Where'll we go?" Darren asked, straightening his spikey, red hair. His sensei gave him a flat look, then turned back to his gaze.

"A place known by only some men, if not I alone," Sensei Katasi said.

With those words, he limped to no apparent place. He limped passed the end of the river, passed the Inner Forest and far from the Dark Crevice of Valleys. He led them through trees and bushes and shrubs and swamps and-

"OH MY GOSH!" Kai outbursted.

He fell to his knees in fatigue. His legs were killing him, and the others were still walking. "You know you guys could wait on me!" He yelled out in annoyance, but the group still steadily moved away from the groaning Kai. Kai frowned behind his unnoticed glare and struggled to his feet.

Don't wait on Kai! He mocked in Sammantha's high-pitched voice. He kicked a rock.

Only known by some men, if not I alone, blah blah. He mocked Sensei Katsai.

The dark gully he was in whispered through the tight vegetation of trees and shrubbery. Now, Kai considered himself fearless, brave and courageous. Being left alone wasn't supposed to affect him. Yet it did. Kai looked around the lonesome area, giving every thing he saw the most apprehensive looks his eyes allowed. Kai walked slowly, looking for his colleauges. None were to be-

WAAAHH-YAAHAHA!!!

A sound came from... everywhere. "If you're messing with me Sammantha, with your whole 'mindy-bendy' thingy, STOP!" Kai said, aggravated. A pink beam approached him, then drew him across the floor of the gully. Dirtying up his clothes, bruising his skin and worst - MESSING UP HIS HAIR! When the experience was over, Kai was laying face forward infront of a large boulder, hanging on the edge of a cliff. Kai looked up at the boulder, and huffed. The boulder shook in reply, and Kai (forgetting his pain) jumped into the air in fright.  Kai stared at the  lifeless object... was it lifeless though?

"Come in, Kai," a voice said from out of the boulder. It would be an understatement to say Kai was afraid. He was scared out of the little wits he had. He jumped from his sitting position and launched high up into a tree nearby. Looking down, Kai decided to do just one thing.

"Die!" Kai bellowed, hurtling down in a silver flash of light with his energy charged to almost half of its maximum capacity.

(A/N: HEY PEOPLE.... MISS ME? OF COURSE YOU DID! SUPPORT FOR THE LATE AND SORRY UPDATE... I REALLY DON'T HAVE AN EXCUSE.., NOT FEELING THE LOVE YOU KNOW... BUT READ, COMMENT, VOTE!)