Dare to Dream - Chapter Four

What's up Wattpad?? Fuzzy here,

Here's chapter #4.

Hope you guys like it!!! Fan and comment pleasssseeee!!! ^_^

-Fuzzy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter #4

The next day, Lauren drove us over to Tyler's, after getting directions. We drove in comfortable silence and when we arrived, the boys were already there. Tyler's house was medium sized and his living room was the perfect size for our rehearsal.

"Okay, well I think we should do this scene with Lauren standing behind there and Avery standing to her left." Matt suggested.

"That could work," Lauren said reluctantly. She glanced at me and gave me a knowing look and then walked over.

I strolled over to her left and we did the scene again. By the time we'd finished, we all knew our lines somewhat and it all went much smoother. Lauren started smiling more often, and she even laughed at one point, which seemed to surprise Matt and Tyler. They might not have liked her, but the marks were needed, so they cooperated.

"I think that's good for today." I said, slightly tired and bored. I sat down on one of the couches and Lauren sat next to me. We were soon joined by Conner on my other side and Tyler and Matt on the other side of the room.

"We might actually get a good mark on this play." Lauren commented.

"You didn't think that before?" Conner asked slightly hurt.

She laughed. "No, I thought I was going to have to do all the work, but I barely did anything. It's awesome." Lauren explained.

I glanced over at Matthew and saw him smile at Lauren's comment. Then he took out his phone and flipped it open. "Hey babe," He greeted the caller. "No, I haven't left yet." His eyes fell on me then. "Babe, you've got nothing to worry about, alright? I'm leaving now." He hung up and turned to Tyler. "Dude, could you drop me at the dorms?"

"Sure man," They stood up, and so did Lauren and I. Conner was still sitting.

"I'll chill here till you get back." He muttered, already into his computer.

"See you tomorrow," I said to Conner and I grabbed Lauren by her arm and dragged her out the door before she could say anything.

"Hey!" She said. "You didn't say thank you!"

"That was the idea." I responded, then Matthew walked out, standing by the garage door. It opened and a CRV was parked there. We got in our car and pulled out of the driveway. I looked in my mirror at him as we passed, and he was watching us leave.

"Okay, what was that all about?" She demanded.

I rolled my eyes. "If they wanna be rude and stuck up, we return the favour."

"Ah," She said. "I see your logic. I hate to admit I was right. You know, you always have that hope that they won't be who you thought they were. When they are exactly what you thought they were, it's a little sad."

I nodded, not really saying anything. It was at that moment that I hoped Matt wasn't who we thought he was. That maybe, deep down, he wasn't such a prick. I shook my head and kicked myself for even thinking it. I didn't like a lot of boys. Something about them always bothered me. Matt, however, seemed to draw me in. He was mysterious, egotistical, and drop-dead gorgeous. What a disaster.

Not to mention the fact that his girlfriend is a raging bitch.

The next day in gym class the coach put me and Matthew on the same team, against Tyler and Conner. I locked eyes with him, and he looked majorly unhappy with the fact that he had to actually cooperate with me.