my favorite movie

The Moulin rouge

A movie about a whore who lives at a place with the sole purpose of praying on the sexually inclined. Its a move about a rich man plotting another's death because he wishes to have sex with a woman who sells her love to become a vain self absorbed actress, and when hes told no rapes her. Its about another man who only wishes to make money and let poweful men jerk off to the women that work for him. It about deformed people, alcoholic people, and people who have nothing else but to smoke and have sex.
Its a movie about death.

Sounds great right? So far we have whoring, rape, can-cans, and deformed people..

But what if i told you, all of that, was just a mere undertone. Not the main story.

You see because The Moulin Rouge, while all of the things exist in no small amount, isnt about them at all. No, no its about love.

The entire story is love.
Finding it, craving it, betraying it, loosing it, and finding it again.

Love, Christian says, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love.

Because love is what the movie is about. A young man finding a woman whos the star of a show. A show, that yes, preys upon the bodies of women, but a show none the less. And he falls in love with her. And its a powerful love. But not powerful enough.
You see this love is tested. A rich man who loves her body wanter her for himself, and hell go to any length to get her. That love is pulled and stretched as they hide a forbidden romance. And at the end, death plays its last card. Tossing in pain and misfortune. They are pulled apart, only to say f u to the world and have one final moment of love before death says f u right back.
He promised her he'd tell their story, and he did.
A story about money, greed, lust, and death. But...

A story about love.

The greatest thing youll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.