Chapter 13

Marie woke up first this time in her mother's house. She didn't feel Tanner's arms around her and she sat up. Last nights memories had flooded her head. Tanner had come over with his overnight bag and a backpack. Her mother was happy to see him and he was just as happy to see her. She greeted him at the door and he placed a kiss on her cheek.

After dinner that night her mother had retired early and only Tanner and Marie were left at the table. They did paperwork like he had promised he'd help her with and when it became late they took it upstairs to her room. Both of them relaxed in night clothing, Marie was on the bed and Tanner sat at her desk. One minute they were having simple conversation the next minute papers were everywhere and Tanner was feasting on her dessert.

Hell had frozen over that day, Marie could never imagine having sex in her mother's home. She was just as good as being as quiet as being loud. She could only breathe heavy not trying to wake her mother up. Tanner couldn't help but talk dirty to her in her ear knowing why she was being quiet. He was just as good talking dirty in her ear as he was saying it loudly.

Now, all the papers were cleaned up and her hair was a mess. Her eyes focused and she looked around the room. She looked around the room and found Tanner sitting at her desk with his laptop and him going through the paperwork. His glasses reflected from the screen and he was shirtless and in jogging pants. His hair was slicked back still wet from the shower.

"Good morning beautiful," Tanner said and then turned around to look at her. "I love seeing you like this... it's an image... that I can't get enough of." Even though the glare in his glasses blocked his eyes she could tell something switched in him.

"It seems you have a thing for watching me..." Marie said looking away from him.

"I'll always be watching...little one."

"What?" Marie snapped her head back to him. She remembered Dark Tanner saying that in a dream. Tanner just stared at her and she got out the bed ignoring that she was naked and walked towards him. The glare disappeared and before she could look in his eyes he had blinked.

"I'll never take my eyes off you," Tanner said coming back. Randall had taken over in a split second and Marie was on high alert. "Every chance that you are in my presence I have to take you in," Tanner said taking off his glasses. He wrapped his arms around her and stood up hugging her. "Are you alright? It looks like you've seen a ghost."

"Cutiekins! Turbo! Breakfast is ready in fifteen!" Trudy yelled from downstairs. Marie shook her head and stepped away from him. She scrambled to find some clothing.

"Cutiekins? Turbo?" Tanner said questioning.

"Everyone that has stayed here has a breakfast name," Marie explained avoiding eye contact. "It looks like yours is Turbo." Marie moved all her clothes in the bathroom.

"But why Turbo?" Tanner said.

"Probably because she thinks you move fast," Marie said retreating into the bathroom.

"It seems like you are moving fast..." Tanner watched her almost close the door until he ran and stopped it. He struggled against the door as Marie pushed against the door. "What's wrong?! Why are you running from me?!"

"I just need some time," Marie said finally closing the door. "Um... just go ahead and go downstairs."

"I want to walk down together though..." Tanner said worriedly.

"Just go," Marie said scratching her head and turning on her shower. It scared her to hear something she heard in her dream. "I'll be okay." Tanner hit the door softly in frustration. He stepped away to give her time.