Chapter 1

I look over at the clock and its already four eleven in the morning. I am definitely not going to get any sleep at this point so i'm not even going to try. I bring myself to finally get out of bed and stumble into the bathroom. I grab my toothbrush and start brushing my teeth. Am I really ready to go home? I feel happier and more relaxed, but what if it gets worse once i'm finally back in my old routine. What if they don't want me living there anymore? Maybe they are better off without me being so anxious and uptight. I try to push the negative thoughts out of my head. I am ready. I've been waiting to go back home since the day I left and I am not about to get cold feet. Plus I miss being around the boys. I don't even know what they have been up to or how they have been. Snapping out of my thoughts, I rinse the excess toothpaste out of my mouth and walk out of the restroom to grab the hoodie that I stole from Brandon. I pull the hoodie over my head as I walk downstairs to meet my mom in the kitchen.

"Good morning sunshine. How'd you sleep?" She chirps and takes a bite of her avocado toast. I laugh because I cant help but think of how she reminds me of a typical twenty year old beauty vlogger.

"Morning. I didn't sleep at all, I was feeling super anxious about leaving today." I grab a cup of coffee and plop in my seat next to her at the table.

"Are you not ready yet? There is no rush you know, you can stay as long as you want. I love having my baby back at home." She pinches my cheek before getting up for another cup of tea.

"It's not that i'm not ready... I just don't know if they are going to want me back." I mumble quietly into my cup.

"Now why in the world would you think that? They are your best friends in the entire world and they almost begged you not to leave. I know those boys and I can almost guarantee that they have been waiting for the day you go back." She grabs my hand and squeezes it in hers.

"Thanks mom. If only you had told me that before I stayed up all night." We both laugh and she kisses the top of my forehead. I finish my coffee and she takes my cup to the sink along with hers.

"Of course. Plus you can get some sleep on the plane. Now go finish packing and get ready. We will leave in about an hour." She smiles and leans against the counter watching as I walk out of the kitchen.

"Okay. I love you." I say before running up to my room. I do my hair and put on deodorant before I pack all my bathroom things. I decide to just leave Brandon's hoodie on and throw on some leggings and slides. I put my bathroom bag inside of my suitcase and any leftover items I didn't pack before. I zip up my suitcase and grab my blanket and neck pillow of my bed. I walk out and look back at my childhood bedroom one more time before closing the door. I take my things downstairs and put them by the door to the garage.

"Mom i'm ready!" I call out before grabbing my purse off the counter and putting my laptop and chargers inside. I grab my wallet and keys off of the counter and stick them in the side pocket of my purse. I check the time and we have to leave soon if I want to make it on time to get through security. I notice her phone sitting on the counter so I grab it and dial the first number that comes to mind.

"Hello?" I hear on the other line after only two rings.

"You ready Yazzy?" My mom asks, walking into the kitchen.

"I'm coming home." I say before hanging up.