Prologue

*AN: Hi, ya'll! I've written stories before, but this is the first one I'm publishing. This is an original story I've been working on for a while and is a WIP. I'll probably make a rewrite when I'm done, and this might become a book series if people like it that much... Anywho, happy reading and I hope you enjoy! Constructive criticism is appreciated, no hate please ;-;Warnings for suicide, anxiety and depression, mild blood, alcohol, family arguments, and possibly other heavy subjects. You've been warned!*

I look out into the sunset, standing inches away from the edge of a cliff. But it's not like I care.

I would probably never care again.

My orange-gold hair flowed in the wind. It's the same color as the sunset. I stand alone, my only company being the silent wind.

This would be the last time I would see a sunset like this.

No, I'm not going to jump. The wooden fence was just repaired from the last person who did that, and I don't want to break it again.

Slowly, the golden sky turns into a deep purple. Slowly dying lights known as "stars" are scattered across the sky. A bright moon outshines them all with the light it stole that rightfully belongs to the sun.

In other words, it's a sky of sin.

My name's being called out not too far from where I stand. It's my mother, and I don't bother to turn around.

"Have you packed yet?" she asks. "We're leaving tomorrow."

"No..." I say, still staring at the sky.

"What?!" she says. "The moving truck is coming at ten tomorrow morning, and it's nearly eight at night."

"I know."

"Well, come on then."

"I'll think I'll stay here." It's impossible to look away.

"No, you won't," my mother says, her tone is sharp. "You're going to come home and pack."

I sigh. Arguing with her is pointless, and I know it. I turn my back to the stars and moon to look at my mother. "Fine."

"Good."

We walk away from the cliff and start heading towards the car my mother has parked nearby. We live within a walking distance, but my mom doesn't like walking. Throughout the whole ride, I continue to stare at the stars.

Stars made of sin.