awkward encounters

"Riley Riley riley"

Said my head teacher as she paced the room.

"Miss cooper, miss cooper, miss cooper"

I'm in my final year of high school, my parents divorced and fucked off so I was left with Marcus, that explains why I'm sixteen and have my own apartment.

"What did you do this time"

"I dunno. depends which thing I got caught for"

I wasn't exactly the golden child, I was the opposite.

"I'm struggling with you Riley, help me please"

"What the heck are you doing"

"I don't want to expel you, instead you can.. you can.." For five minutes she sat thinking to herself.

"Text me when. You think of my punishment"

I pulled my bag over my shoulder and left the office in which I was being held in.

Everyone applauded me as I left.

I slammed oped the schools double doors and flipped everyone off as I walked out if school.

I jumped in my car and rode to Marcus's house.

I used my spare key and went inside, It was normal for me to come to Marcus's, he didn't care he knew my apartment building was full of weirdos so he preferred me coming to his place.

I jumped on the sofa and turned the TV on suddenly realising I needed the toilet. I found the effort to get up and went up stairs where I heard singing, I assumed it was the radio but I opened the door and there in front of me in nothing but a towel was a tall, hunk of a boy.

"Finn?"

I asked slowly walking backwards.

"Riley? Riley! Wow... err... long time no see hey I guess"

"You guess?"

I flip him off and run down stairs grabbing my bag.

"Riley... Riley wait please, I'm so.."

"Your sorry? your also too late, 2 years changes a person, I'm not the same girl from two years ago"

I slammed the door shut and ran home.

For hours I had lay in a pool of tissues and tears until I heard my door bell.

"Stacey" I sighed full of relief.

"Heyyyyyy. what's up babe"

"Do... do you remember Finn?"

"I recall a certain Finn..."

"He... he's here... In Marcus's apartment"

"Holy shit did you see him"

"Yes."

I spent ten minutes explaining what happened and the next hour crying.

You see. two years ago I met finn, we had a fling and we fell I love yada yada. but the day he was leaving to go to India for three years I want the only girl saying goodbye to the love of her life...