Chapter 2

We actually reached school on time. The parking lot was almost full when we got there, but we found a spot behind the school and got out. Meg started walking away without even saying anything, with her earphones dangling around her neck. We weren't allowed to use those during school hours.

I looked at Justin. "I'm sorry, please don't mind her, she's just pissed."

He was kind enough to offer me a smile. "She doesn't bother me," he swooped down to give me a quick kiss. "I love you, let's go."

I smiled at him and held his hand as we walked towards the building. Thousands of students were milling around, hugging their friends and kissing their partners. We went straight to the office to collect our schedules. On our way we didn't see Meg anywhere, so I figured she was already in class.

"What's your first class?" I asked Justin, hoping it was the same as mine.

"Sociology, you?"

I scowled. "I have English. I hope I know someone there, I heard most of the new students took up English."

Justin softly ruffled my hair. "It's okay, we'll see each other round. I think we should go now, it's almost 9."

I nodded, "Alright, at least meet me during lunch!"

"Of course! Now get going, see ya!" with that, he started walking towards the opposite wing. I made my way to the second floor and found my classroom. At least I was familiar with the buildings and didn't need to mindlessly hunt down my scheduled classes.

I noticed the classroom was almost full when I entered. I had half expected to see Meg there, but I didn't find her there. I vaguely remember her telling me before that she was going to drop English and take up History. I proceeded to take my seat in the back and waited for the class to begin.

After forty minutes of boring discussions on classic novels and getting burdened with shitloads of homework, we were finally free. I had a feeling the day was going to be long.

Till the time lunch break arrived, after four tiring classes, I was almost exhausted. I hadn't met either Meg or Justin in any of my classes and that made it harder. I wasn't much into making new friends, I was just happy with the two I had.

I reached the cafeteria and got myself a huge cup of coffee, along with my lunch. I found an empty table and sat there, waiting for my friends to arrive. I had just taken a sip when Meg came and sat down beside me, and put her head down on the table.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

She just groaned in reply. I smirked. "When did you sleep last night?"

She rolled her head to her side and looked up at me, narrowing her eyes. "I did not."

I blinked. "You did not sleep last night?"

"Why are you so surprised? You know I'm used to pulling off all nighters," she said, and rolled her eyes. She sat up and eyed my lunch. I passed my fries to her and smiled.

"No thanks, I'll pass," she said. I knew she was going to deny; it wasn't like I ever shared my food, even with Megan.

"So, like, did you finish everything that is there in an attempt to stay ahead of the class?" I asked, munching on my fries. I felt bad eating in front of her, not because she didn't have her food, but because I knew she loved fries but wasn't allowed to have them. Her coach would kill her if he ever found out she had been having fried food.

She glared at me. "I don't study all the time, Lily, I have a life, unlike you."

It was my turn to roll my eyes at her. "And other jokes you can tell yourself to make you feel better about yourself," I chuckled. "What were you up to last night? You didn't even reply to my texts."