I can write romance...

The rain fell hard, hitting the ground like bullets, and bouncing back up about 3 feet. I stood inside the door watching this miraculous rain and waiting on my mother to pull up and get me out of this hole we call school.

       I was lost, mesmerized by the torrents, when two arms slinked around me, wrapping me up and enfolding me in warmth. I went rigid with surprise and then a smile made it's way onto my lips. I just sat there for a while letting myself fall into his embrace, when my mom's silver S.U.V pulled up and honked. I grabbed his hands, pulling them apart and off of me. I turned around to say goodbye and then started walking out the door. 

        As soon as my feet hit the slick pavement I was soaked....I was trying to run, and didn't hear the door open behind me, but I felt my wrist being grabbed as I was pulled behind the building...I was still startled as his mouth came down on mine and he kissed me. His breath was warm and I sat there, arms straight at my sides for the first few seconds before I realized what was happening. I didn't know what I was doing, but who does during their first kiss? I slung my arms up on his shoulder and fell against the wall. The rain was like bullets, but I couldn't feel it...not with my head spinning and my heart pumping. When he finally pulled back and I saw the fire in his baby blue eyes and his tussled blonde hair, I couldn't help but want to kiss him again. But through his toothy grin he whispered, "You should go home..." And I was so stunned I just turned on my heels and ran for the car, a smile permanently burned across my face...