023. chapter twenty two

THE next day the group met up in the field by the Barrens.

Beverly said she had something very important to talk about and they were all ruined. She was telling them about what she saw in her trance in the sewers.

"I can only remember parts but I thought I was dead" She started. "I saw all of us back in the cistern, but older, like our parents ages" She spoke. Stan touched the bandage, wrapped around his head.

"W-w-what were we all doing there?" Bill stammered.

"I can just remember how we felt. I was scared we were dead. I don't think I could ever forget that"

They sat in silence for a second before Bill sighed and aggressively stood up, grabbing an old piece of dirty glass that laid on the ground. "Swear to me" he started. "Swear to me, if it isn't dead or if it comes back, we come back too"

The group was still sitting until Eleanor stood up. All of the group looked over at Eleanor. "I swear" she whispered softly. The group slowly rose to their feet.

Bill turned to Eleanor, grabbing her cold and clammy hands. Eleanor bit her tongue, hard enough to draw blood. Bill slid the piece of glass across her palm. She felt the cold blood trickle out of the fresh cut. She winced as she held her injured hand.

Richie reached over and squeezed her other hand, reassuringly.

Eleanor forced a weak smile onto her face. Bill walked over to Richie next. Eleanor grasped his hand as Bill cut his hand.

Richie squeezed his eyes shut, tightly. Bill then moved on to Eddie, Stanley, Mike, Ben and Beverly.

He was gentler with Beverly. He held her hand softer than the rest and cut her hand slowly.
Bev didn't even flinch at the cut on her hand.

Bill moved back to his spot at the front of the group,  looking at the piece of glass he picked up. Bill pressed the sharpest edge of the glass on the palm on his hand, letting blood seep out. The group took a deep breath before grabbing each other's hands.

Eleanor grabbed Bill and Richie's hands, squeezing them softly. The group stood with their hands around each other's, their blood dripping onto the green grass below them.

They slowly let go of each other's hands and just stood there, enjoying each other's company. The group sat in a comfortable silence until Stan spoke. "Well I've gotta go" he paused and made eye contact with Bill. "I hate you"

Eleanor bit her lip but couldn't help bursting out in laughter. The other Losers joined her in laughter. Once the laughs died down Stan waved bye to the group.

Eleanor walked over to him, embracing him in a warm hug. "See you around Staniel" she whispered as she pulled away.

"Bye El" he spoke, quietly. Stan then walked over to his bike and wheeled it away.

Eleanor went back to her spot beside Richie. She laid her head on his shoulder as he smiled softly. Eleanor grabbed Richie's hand. "Wanna go out somewhere?" He whispered to her. She nodded softly.

Eleanor raised her head from Richie's shoulder. "We're gonna go" Eleanor said softly.

"B-B-Bye guys" Bill stuttered. Richie let go of Eleanor's hand, turning to Eddie, hugging him and kissing the smaller boys head.

"Bye Ed's"

"Bye-Bye Rich" he said with a small smile. Eleanor grabbed Richie's hand as he walked over to her.

"Bye guys" she said softly as the pair walked away. And little did they know that was the last time the group would be together and genuinely happy.

"Where do you wanna go?" Eleanor asked.

"I may have something in mind" he spoke. You could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"That's my genius" She chuckled. Richie led Eleanor around the red bridge in the middle of Derry. The red bridge of Derry was known as the place in town where people drank and did drugs and many other things.

The two walked up the other side of the Barrens, near a stream. Richie stopped walking suddenly and faced Eleanor. Eleanor stopped and turned to face him.

Richie bit his lip nervously. "I-I love you so much Eleanor. Eleanor smiled, leaning and kissing him. She pulled away quickly but Richie pulled her closer and into a long and passionate kiss.

Once the two pulled apart, Eleanor grinned.

"I love you too, Richard" she whispered