1

The Aztec Temple

My footsteps echoing against the floor. Cobwebs in my hair drooping in my face. Spiders crawling up and down my body. I had enough of this trip. "Ah! My new shoes have mud on them. Ms.Smith you owe me shoes!" The middle aged woman Ms.Smith turned around to see me crying. Ms.Smith calmly replied," Monica I told u to bring tennis shoes not your new high heels. Didn't I also tell you no dresses?" I was bursting in tears and yelling. Sabastion some geek I barely knew came up behind me and tapped my shoulder. He yelled," Monica this place is auspicious. A scientific discovery. Be grateful that you at out of 120 kids are one of the five that get to come to see the Aztec mummies and ruins!" I just walked away. Lori biting her tongue and trimming nails with her teeth. I could hear each nail fall to the ground. John the quarterback of our football team was tossing a stick back and forth with our school lover boy Micheal. Micheal yelled,"Hey Monica go to the middle of the temple with me?" I turned my head around and yelled," Let me think no!" I had yelled so loud the rocks from the ceiling started caving leaving us separated from Ms.Smith.

We were screaming louder and louder. Finally some funny looking tribal men grabbed our arms. I kicked one of them in the shin. When he turned around it was a younger boy. He had to be at least 14. He was cute. I winked and he gave me a slight smirk. He then let go of me and put his arm around my shoulder. I asked," Hi I'm ah Monica. What is your name handsome?" He replied," I'm Teizimukasinkati son of Azutinkledopweas but you can me TK. May I ask do you know this lady?" It was Ms.Smith that old lady was smiling and laughing so was my other class mates. Ms.Smith finally said," Monica we got you! It was a prank these are tribal men we met while you were sleeping in the bus." My face turned cherry tomato red. I took the nearest rock and threw at Ms.Smith's special bag. The pink clutch bag fell into a huge puddle of mud. I said," Whoops sorry it wasn't an accident." TK was laughing so hard. He rolled on the ground. Finally the other guy picked him up and said some freaky voodoo stuff. TK turned around and his eye was black and his lip busted. I saw some funny looking white stuff come out of his mouth. His ears looked like and elephants. He said," This is my true self. Oh darling we can have beautiful kids together and be happy." I screamed loud. When he turned around again," That is what Bob over thought you only like looks!" I heard them but I still ran my class mates behind me. Finally we fell down a tunnel.

We where in a completely pitch black place. Sabastion said we should start a fire. As soon as he said fire it lit up this gorgeous place. Gold, silver, diamonds, and so many other beautiful values. It was like a place. Blazers ran up and down in columns. Everybody was in awe. Even John was in tears. I then laughed and rolled down a hill into a pile of rubies. Lori was sitting up on a stair looking at her nails. On the top of a hill lied a coffin. It made the place smell. Sabastion ran over to the coffin and lifted the top. A huge gust of dust filled the room. " A mummy king!" yelled Sabastion. Then he just disappeared. We ran over to the coffin to see it gone. We were looking for some geek. Finally I said," No way! No! It is that geeks he is lost. So I'm not going." I sat down on the coffin. Finally blood oozed out gushing onto my dress. I was covered in blood. Finally I agreed to go.

No We searched down several caves. Down tunnels and underground rivers. Finally we came to this big green area. I

could hear animals in the back making special calls. We were looking for a mummy and a geek how hard could it be. When John

movies the big leaf a green dragon was in our way. The dragon opened its mouth and showed us a digital show. I was amazed. The history of the earth all in this dragon ,by the way the that needs to floss, mouth.

The dragon gave us a lift. I named her Princess of the Forest. Micheal said," If I had that mummy I would sell it for several new mirrors." John said," I would buy me a lot of dummies and and a new football." I then suspected John and Micheal stole the mummy. Lori just shrugged. I would get a nail job and my hair done. Princess growled a little. She finally dropped us off at caves. I could hear electronics and laughing. We walked in slowly and saw Sabastion digging into the mummy. He yelled and screamed how I used to when I was younger. I started laughing. He yelled," Oh my dear Monica become my queen and you won't half to go through pain." I laughed then said," Oh so your the geek that keeps putting letters in my locker! Oh this is rich! Lori right this down!" Sabastion yelled then a dozen jaguars came to chase us. Sabastion tied us up onto a boat going into the ocean. He yelled," I have a ruby to find it that mummy. Have a safe journey and Monica I love you!" Good thing I had long nails. This rope was tight and we were about to run into a rock. My nail cut us free. Finally we paddled ourselves to shore. Sabastion was holding a ruby in his hand when we came back. Then we heard a creak the mummy came back to life. It's body creaked with age. Each movement looks like it came from a horror movie. Lori had fainted. Micheal screamed like a girl. The mummy was fighting Sabastion with a sword. We all jumped in trying to help the mummy. The jaguars came back and bit the mummy. The mummy didn't care.Then a jaguar came and clawed my back. I turned around. I felt dizzy. I couldn't scream couldn't breathe. I knew I was dying.Breathing faint and I could barely hear. Finally I woke. I felt stronger than ever. Through my body it felt like fire through my body. I stood. My clothes had changed. I wore a red long dress. My hair curled and turned fire red. My skin looked darker. Sabastion wobbly stood up and said," The power in the ruby is real. You are now the power, heat, warmth, and fire to the Earth! That power was supposed to be mine!" I looked at him with an evil grin on my face. I lifted my left arm into the air. It had turned ash red. I then lifted it down and grilled his legs into a crisp. He screamed in pain. I laughed. The mummy murmured," I gave you that power to save your life. Do not abuse the power. Or I shall take it back. You have a great heart. Good luck Queen Monica,Queen of the Earth." Then he disappeared.

We walked back to the temple. I dragged Sabastion by the arm. My hands scolding him with a simple touch. I dragged him to Ms.Smith. Ms.Smith gave him a disappointed look and she gave me a small smile.

Sabastion had got expelled and I made three more new friends. We made a squad called Investigation of the Weird Inc. We got calls all the time and my new name was Simple Flame. The weird thing though was I was only aloud to where red, orange, and yellow. I was able to where different clothes but only in those colors. I will miss my blues.