Snake Bites

This story is inspired by @JurneeAndCody story ideas

It was a normal day, like usual. The princes were in the reef training for their next clash with Phaton. "You're rusty Joe."

"Am... not..." he said catching his breath. "You try... being bit... by a snake."

"Lenix! Give him a break!" Cody snapped at her from the back door. "You ok?"

"Yeah..., just tired." Joe reassured. He stood up straight and walked back in the house. Cody followed.

"Hungry?"

"Sure. We got any pasta?" Joe asked. "Or anything except what the professor has been giving me." Cody just laughed and found some pasta. It took about 20 minutes to cook, and Joe was ready to dig in.

"Joe! You can't have that!"

"Professor, please! I need actual food for a change. Not that other stuff you got."

"If you eat anything else, the venom may become active. I'm sorry, but you can't have that."

Joe huffed and stormed off to their room, slamming the door behind him. "Professor, Don't you think Joe should actually eat something he likes? I mean, the paramedics said he only had to have this stuff for 3 to 4 days, it's the 4th day. And it would make Joe more calm." Cody defended his brother.

"Tomorrow lunch, he can have actual food. For now, the medicine is all he can have." Pikalus then walked off, probably to the Cephalopod.

Cody walked back to their room, and heard light snoring. He turned the knob slightly and cracked the door open. "Joe? You ok?" No answer. Cody walked in and saw Joe had fallen asleep. "Joe." Cody sighed walking over to his younger brother. He moved the blanket over Joe completely.

Joe's Dream

Joe and Cody are running down a forever expanding hallway. "Joe, I... I can't keep going." He was losing his breath.

"No, just keep going. We'll make it." Suddenly a snake bits down on Cody's ankle. "Cody!!!" Joe caught his brother from falling. His eyes were closing. "No, come on, stay with me, please!"

"Joe... you're... the best... little... brother..." Cody's arms dropped and he stopped breathing. 

"No... NO!!!"

End

Seconds later he woke up as Cody was leaving. "Oh, sorry."

"It's fine." Joe looked even more upset than he did earlier.

"You sure you're ok? You wanna talk about it?" He didn't answer, so Cody went to walk out.

"I, had a dream." Cody stopped in his tracks. "About that snake, the one that bit me." Cody walked back to him and sat at the end of the bed. "It, it came back. And it... it bit... it bit you. You died in my arms." He started to tear up slightly.

"Oh, Joe." Cody pulled him into a soft hug. "It was only a dream. Besides, you did freeze all of them. You're fine, and I'm ok." I noticed that his stomach growled. He sounded starving.

"When can I eat again?"

"Tomorrow afternoon." He sighed and Cody hugged him a little tighter. "How bout, we go play a video game or something?"

"A movie?"

"Sure." Cody smiled knowing that his brother was trying to get over his... diet. "Come on, lets go see what we got." Joe smiled and they both went out to the living room. Cody found the DVD shelf and Joe sat on the couch. "We've go a few. Godzilla, Jurassic World, Deep Blue Sea, The Meg, and Jaws. What do you want, I'm fine with any."

"Um... what's The Meg? I haven't seen that one yet."

"It's about some people going below the Mariana Trench and finding a megaladon then bringing it to the surface. Kind of like a better jaws. That one?"

"Sure."

They sat there watching the movie and Cody felt Joe lean on him. He shrugged it off thinking he was leaning on him for support. Half way through The Meg, Cody heard snoring. He turned to see his brother was actually asleep, again. He didn't what to, but the professor had told him not to let Joe sleep too long at a time, so he woke him up slowly. "Joe. Come on bro, you gotta get up now." Browning started coming from the young rooster while he was waking up. 

"W... what? Did I fall asleep again?"

"Yeah, Sorry. But the movie is still on, only about half way through."

"Cool." Joe yawned, before focusing on the film again. Joe was exhausted, he wasn't aloud to eat anything, was barely allowed to drink anything and couldn't sleep for very long. 

The next afternoon, Joe had his first meal in days. His favourite, Mac n Cheese. He devoured about 6 serving, then was allowed to sleep for the whole night and most of the morning too. Within days, he was back to normal. He was eating, drinking, sleeping and his training improved a lot. He won't forget that day, but for now, he was focused on, was Phaton and the war in front of him.

————

Hope you liked it. Bey. Also, I'm going to be in school a lot, so my stories will become less frequent. Write to you soon. See ya.