A Winter Wonderland

Winter, 1985.

El is still pretty messed up from closing the gate. It's been a few months since she closed it, but she got a cold and now it's still just as bad. There was one day in November she left, but it was only to hangout with Will. After closing the gate, Will and El talked so much, and now they're basically inseparable. But that's not the point, the point today it that Mike is coming over to see her for the first time in a month.

  Yeah she had that reunion after 353 days, but that was different, she could feel it. Suddenly El breaks from her train of thought to hear a faint tapping on the window. She looks out and sees Mike.

She had just stood up and was heading towards the door when Mike tapped the window again. El sighed and looked at him through the glass. Mike let out a breath of hot air fogging the window, and he draws a little heart. El smiles and opens the window. A gush of cold air hits her face. Her cheeks immediately sting from the cold, and she let's put a small breathy laugh.

"Hi Mi--" he cuts her off with a kiss and her cheeks suddenly dont feel cold anymore. She leans out of the kiss and smiles.

"Hey El." Mike says. El laughs very loudly and Mike smiles because he's always loved her laugh.

"Come outside?" Mike said abruptly, and then El noticed something strange. The whole outside was covered in white. El suddenly looked confused yet intrigued, and Mike realized that shes never seen snow before.

"Oh right, that's snow". He says.

  "Snow?" El replied.

"Yeah, it's like what happens when it's too cold to rain, and the rain turns into little pieces of ice." (He didn't quite know if she would understand something like precipitation yet.)

"Oh, it looks fluffy" Mike smiles.
"Put on your coat and boots and come out here, I need to show you something"

"Ok, one second" El runs out a few seconds later, her pale skin glowing against the reflection of the snow. Mike looks at her as she walks toward him and all he can think is how pretty she is, or, in Mike's new terms, (which he is too scared to confess) how beautiful she is. She walks up to him and he suddenly realizes how long he's been staring at her. He looks at his feet.

"What is it?"

"What?" Mike replies.

"The thing you wanted to show me."

"Oh right" Mike reaches for a ball of snow and holds it up to her.

"What is that?"

"Its a snowball you throw them at people." El looks down at it.

"Why, it doesn't look like it would hurt."

"Well it doesn't hurt that bad but..." Mike leaps backwards.

"But they sure are fun to throw!" He throws on at El and misses. El laughs, Mike blushes. El walks over to him.
"I dont care if you can't throw, I'm just happy you're here" Mike feels his face heat up and realizes he's blushing. Suddenly he feels a little sting hit his cheek. He looks up to see snow falling from the sky.

"El, look!"

He points up and El looks up at the sky. She looks as though shes intrigued by the snow falling.
"Look." Mike says. He sticks out his tongue and catches a snowflake on it. El gasps.

"How did you do that?" Mike giggles.

"You just wait for one to fall close to you and-" he catches another one "catch it!"

El laughs. She spends the next ten minutes catching snowflakes and having snowball fights with Mike.

And even though Mike's too scared to admit it, he sincerely hopes to see her beautiful smile another day soon.

Authors note:
I really like writing winter themed oneshots so??? If you like this give it a star or whatever tf it is and I might write more??? Ok byeee