(Chapter 9)(get over it)

(BG's p.o.v)

I woke the next morning to one of moms dogs in my bed. Normally they slept with kolby.

But I think miss Dakota has taken their place. I hated that she had found love in kolby . I had loved her for so long and I fucked up, and not even an apology fixed it.

I got up and showered and all that. I walked upstairs. The kitchen was clean . They must have not been up yet. But I'd let them sleep till 9 . Then I'd wake them. It was Christmas Eve now and I know that was kolbys favorite day ever. I hung around the house for a while and it was now 9:30. I knocked on kolbys door . "Come in". Kota says.

I rolled my eyes, I knew she'd be in there but it was still irritating.

Her and kolby were sitting in the floor. "What's up?" I say. "Nothing just playing cards". Kolby says as he shuffled the deck of cards in his hands.

Kota took the cards from him .

"Whatcha wanna play"? Kota asked. "I'm fine I was bout to go for a ride ." I say. "Oh, have fun". Kolby says. It was weird he was normally the first person to jump up and go ride with me. " your not coming?" I ask. "Kolby said he was gonna play cards with me and we gotta go Christmas shopping for y'all's momma anyway". Kota says. "Whatever". I say. "Poker , slaps, 21?" Kota asked kolby which game he preferred . " anything but 52 pick up, right". I joke. Kolby gave Kota and evil grin. "We already had a 52 pick up incident earlier". She says bending back the deck of cards and letting go , they hit kolby, and some going elsewhere around the room.

He grinned really big .

"I don't wanna know". I say.

Kota rolled her eyes.

"Well I'm gone , see y'all later". I say. "Bye". Kota says.

"Have fun on da bike, man". Kolby says . "I will". I say walking out of his room and shutting the door. "God I gotta find me a woman". I say to myself.

But I loved Kota, but she didn't love me anymore, I guess I just had to get over it.