Chapter 2

5 years later;

Kelly POV.

"MOMMY,I want more ice cream,"Carly said pouting her lips.."PLEEEASE"She begged trying her best to give a cute expression.I laughed at her attempts to butter me into giving her more ice cream."No more,sweety.I don't want you to catch a cold,"I said trying to look stern."Mommy,I  Promise I won't catch a cold.See,Pinkie Promise,"she said while showing her pinkie."Sweety,you always say that but you always catch a cold,now go watch some sponge bob."I said as I clean up the table."But...Mommy  won't you give me more ice cream"she begged."I'll give you some if you are obedient,"I said with a smile.She smiled ans said,"Mommy I'll be the best kid you'll ever find.." "LY,ARE YOU HERE??"yelled Lance.

Lance is Carly's best friend and the are our neighbours.Mark(Lance's father) is  Sophia, cousin.You might actually be wondering who Sophia is...she's my best friend and also my partner when we worked in SI.I stop working there when Carly was born,but Sophia is still working.I own a company, The White lily, which actually is a designer's company and its the 4th in Paris

."Mommy can I go to the amusement park with Lancee??"Carly asked."Sure,but Lance with who are you going?"I asked."I'll be with mommy,daddy and Ly"he said."Okay, you can go sweety,but make sure you take you sweater with you.""I will mommy,I love you"she said giving me a pecked on my cheeks."Love you too,sweety and have a save trip" I bade her goodbye but not before giving her a kiss in her forehead.After she went with Lance I decided to check on the magazines that advertised our product. As I went through the pages,my phone rang."Who could have called  right now?"I mumbled.The caller was unknown so I ignored it.After 3 unanswered calls, I picked up the 4th call assuming that the caller won't stop calling till I answered the call."Hello,"I said."You have 48 hours to figure out who we are if you want to get information on what happened when you are 21.You're a bright person so i trust that you'll find it out ."said the person on the other line before hanging up.I froze in shocked.I just stood there trying to process whatever he had said.'They know about what happen to mama and papa' I yelled in my mind.Suddenly,strong hands hold on to me hugging me tightly.I screamed and shoved the arms away and I was ready to defend myself."whoa, calm down baby,its not like I'm going to attacked or anything.Its just that I miss you"Jace said putting his hands up."Oh my, I thought someone was trying to kidnapped me,Jace please don't give me any more surprises."I said relieved that it was Jace that had hugged me.I mean,imagine yourself in a room all alone,getting a call from someone who know about what happen in the past and suddenly someone wrapped their arms around you and caught you by surprise.Who wouldn't screamed and try to get away??"Honey,are you okay"Jace said waving his hand to get my attention."You're spacing out.."he said"I'm so sorry "he mumbled with an apologizing expression in his face."sorry for what??there is nothing you have to be sorry about."I said with a small smile."Then tell me what's wrong,baby you know you can tell me anything you want."he said with worry but calmness in his face.I bit my lip hesitating for a minute."Well you see Jace.."I pause for a minute or two and looked up to him only to see those hazel eyes with worry.Jace then gave mw an assuring smile and signaled me to continue."Someone called me and told me that I have 48 hours to find the person in order to know the murderer of my parents."I said.Jace just stare at me trying to process what i have said."Very well then,I guess we have to pay a visit to the SI"he said after a few moments of silence.