Pair Up MADNESS

Hello! Thank you for clicking on this fanfic! This my first ever fanfic, and I made the big decision of publishing for all you guys to see it! If you would be so kind as to leave friendly suggestions, that would be amazing! ^_^ thank you, and enjoy the first chapter of a series.

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail, the genius Hiro Mashima owns it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a warm sunny day in Magnolia. Everything was peaceful and quiet. Well, except the Fairy Tail Guild. It was quite a ruckus.

"Welcome, to the first Fairy Tail Match Up Vacation!" Mirajane said sweetly, "Is everybody ready with there suggestions?" The Guild was piled into the front hall. Everybody had a piece of paper (or lists) of people they want to see together for the vacation. "Hai!!!" Everybody exclaimed. "Let's start!!" Mirajane said. Everybody got in line to cast their paper into the bin. "Who did you vote for?" Lucy whispered to Levy. "I voted for Ever and Elfman," levy whispered back. Both of them giggled, unaware of Evergreen being RIGHT behind them. "What did you say?!?!" Ever yelled. Levy and Lucy jumped in shock, scared of getting turned to stone. "No way I'll go on a romantic vacation with that oaf!" Ever exclaimed, but her blush was revealing everything. Lucy chuckled, "We all know about the incident during the magic games, you can't hide ANYTHING." Ever stuttered, scrambling to find an excuse. During the games she had accidentally slept on Elfman, mumbling about him in her sleep. It was embarrassing for her to remember. "Okay! We'll be back to reveal the couples!" Mirajane said as she went to count the votes.

The hall was abuzz with excited chatter. Many voted for themselves with their crush and others thought hard about who they wanted to see together. The vacations were a gift from the town of Magnolia for winning the Magic Games. Each trip was planned to stay separate from other pairs, leaving everybody to their private affairs. Mirajane and Master Makarov came back with a sheet of yellow paper that contained the pairings. Everybody was still, staring at the paper. Happy, Carla and Lily flew over and read the sheet. Happy's giggling was putting everybody on edge. Even Carla was blushing, trying to hide her smile.

"Alright brats!" Makarov shouted, "Here are your partners for the vacation!! This is for a week, so don't cause trouble!" Everybody nodded. "First up!" Mirajane said, "Lucy and..............Natsu!" Everybody cheered, happy that they were paired together. Lucy and Natsu were dumbfounded, blushing madly. Happy and Charle pushed them o to the stage. "Wa-wait, I think there's a mistake, I didn't vote for this!" Lucy exclaimed.

"WE DID" everybody shouted, laughing. This made Lucy blush more. "At least your not stuck with somebody else," Natsu mumbled. Lucy stared at him, not sure what to say. "Okay! Next couple!" Mirajane said, "Juvia.........and Grey!" Everybody knew that Juvia put her numerous votes in for her and Grey. Grey stuttered, "Wait, let's rethink this." Juvia was quiet. "I don't think this is a good idea." Juvia was still quiet. Everybody expected her to be over the roof, but to their surprise she remained still, with a slightly unhappy face. Grey didn't notice this and kept trying to reject the pair up. To break the tension, Mira interjected and said, "Okay! Next up is..........Erza and Jellal!!!"

"WHAT" The hall yelled. Erza was speechless and "unconsciously" equipped her thunder God armor, with a scary look in her eyes. Jellal was in the back with Meredy, who was in a fit of giggles. "I'm sorry! I couldn't resist!!" Meredy managed to say in her laughs, "I didn't think it would actually happen!" Jellal's mind was reeling, trying to process the thought of being on a private trip with Erza. Erza stomped across the room to Meredy and whispered something to her. Her giggles grew louder, she couldn't control herself. Erza went back her regular clothes and said, "Jellal," He gulped. "Let's have a great vacation!" Erza faced him with a timid blush. Jellal grew a deeper shade of red.

"Next is Ever and Elfman."

"I can't believe this" Evergreen muttered, fanning herself trying to cover her blush. Elfman was in the corner, also blushing saying, "I'm a man!" Over and over again. Everybody sweat dropped, knowing they liked of each other. Bickslow and Freed were laughing so hard their eyes started ex to water. Laxus shrugged, " I didn't know who else to vote for. " Evergreen looked like a tomato at this point, she couldn't even fan herself. Elfman was looking at her, waiting for an insult.

" Levy and Gajeel," Mirajane squealed.

"Lucy!" Levy stressed, "You voted didn't you!" Lucy was in squealing with Mirajane. Levy sweat dropped. She looked up at Gajeel and blushed. He was stubborn, but she could still see a little pink. Levy smiled. This was going to be a great vacation.

"That's all the couples! We start tonight at the ball!" Mirajane yelled. Levy took the paper from Mirajane and read it over. When she got to the bottom of the paper, her mouth dropped open and screamed. Everybody turned. "Guys! We have one more!" Levy shouted, "it's-"

"No! Levy please!" Mirajane squeaked.

"Mirajane and Laxus!!!!" Nothing said anything. After a moment the hall exploded with squeals, cries of anguish and protests. No way the guys were going to let Laxus have Mira. Others admitted defeat. The ladies were congratulating the new pair.

" Go get her Laxus." Bickslow said. His babies repeated him. Laxus sparked with annoyance. Marajane sighed. She didn't want to announce this suggestion, but Master thought the idea of having Laxus and Mira together was brilliant. I mean, they have been friends since they were kids.

" Aw, Mira why didn't you say something?" Levy taunted. Mira faced her with a smile, but it showed a murderous intent. Levy gulped, immediately regretting saying that.

"I've been waiting for a vacation!" Natsu exclaimed, putting his hands behind his head. Instead of laying in the table, he missed and fell down, taking Grey with him. "Ow! What the hell did you do that for!"

"You were in my way!" Natsu argued. They continued to bicker, and sitting down at a table Lucy sighed, "This is goin to be a long vacation."