Bad Business: Inspired By Raymond Barrett: Intro

What are you? You are a consumer. You buy things to enjoy, to consume, to use, to have a good time with and to remember. I wonder, how many times have you walked into a store or a company selling the product that you desired, and walked out disappointed by the rude, unjust, and unethically terrible service that you were given? How many times have you been yelled at, ignored, and treated like a number instead of a person. I personally went to different malls and stores and asked numerous amounts of questions to an enormous amount of people. Out of the 927 people I interviewed 631 of them had so much input on how customer service in the stores and restaurants and even telecommunications has become scarce. Many people speak of employees not caring about helping the customer, doing their job half-assed, degrading the persons purchase, and many more unthinkable acts of bad customer service. This book will be a fictional and non-fictional take in stores using the experiences of me and most of the people I interviewed along with the examples of good service. I understand that I am a target of criticism because I too am an employee of one of the stores that has been criticized in the surveys I did, but I want you all to understand that the Sales Associate that is writing this book enjoys all that I have to do along with all that I have done at the workplace. That includes: Cleaning the store in such a way that it becomes more attractive to the consumer, helping the customers find what they need, making the customer’s day with a joke, compliment, or a connection, greeting the customer with a simple “Hi”, “Hello” “How are you?” or even a smile just to allow them to know that they have been noticed and they are not just customers they are people too, and everything else that ties in to the responsibilities of being a sales associate. I give good customer service because I would want to be treated the same way in other places. I have even gone the extra mile as to getting contact information to keep the consumers informed if the collection they wanted to check out made it to the sales floor. But enough about me...