Prologue: His Final Decision.

I can't take it anymore.

The humans. They don't take my warnings; they don't listen to my omen, half of them don't even believe in me anymore. After countless millennia I have given up.

So with a heavy heart I must look for a successor, hopefully they will understand these creations of mine better than me...

Hm, I guess what better way to find someone to understand them than getting one of them to rule. Now that's a great idea, but who is the question.

They must be pure of heart, or at least as pure as one of them can be, understanding, kind, but also have a backbone. The angel's won't take too to a spirit such as them ruling.

So I have made my decision. I will go to Earth and find this person and teach them the lessons required then leave it to them.  

"Shit, I'm late." The middle-aged woman thinks as she rushes down the street towards the large building. Within the blink of an eye she topples over the older homeless man dropping all of her belonging. Before a beat passes, she lets out a string of curses and scampers off throwing an angry glance over her shoulder.

Now, no that's not the poor soul we are looking for though let's wait a second..

Oh here she comes now.

A young woman, hair black like coal, crouches down to help the older man. Her eyes show concern but it is clear she is also tired from the bags present under her eyes. The elderly man smiles up at her before settling back besides the abandoned building. "Why thank you mam few kind hearts like yours nowadays." He chuckles as he finishes his sentence looking up at her wisdom hidden behind pale eyes.

"Oh, it's no problem sir, is there anything else I Can do for you though?" Something crosses his face as he ponders for a second before seeming to look into her soul with those pale eyes of his. "Well mam... There is something..." Just as he says that a hooded figure grabs the woman's arm before pushing her into the busy road.

The last thing she sees are those pale eyes before a loud crashing noise and then nothing. No pain, no needs, nothing.

Then, she opens her eyes.