A story to tell

Let me tell you a story of a young girl who went to war, if this girl had a name, no one knew it, the people in her small village called her Lily, because of a flower she always wore on her hair she was short and had eyes that looked a little like a fox's she was not exactly skinny, she had long black hair that covered her eyes, making it difficult to see the blue in them. This small town was called Kion, it was in the borders of a forest, in which was a small pond that only Lily and her best friend Wenda, a tall, skinny, blonde girl who's eyes where dark brown, knew of. Lily and Wenda where orphans, so they lived together on a small, dirty, old looking house, there were also Quena, a tough looking afican-american girl, Kendall, a tall skinny boy who was the oldest one, and Amel, who was a pale boy who had big green eyes. The small house had only 3 rooms, a small one was the bathroom, the other one was an old closet where they kept things they found on the street and decided to keep, and Amel's bicycle, the last one was much bigger and was the kitchen, the girls slept on the kitchen while the boys slept at the front entrance, the house had only 2 exits, the front door, or one that was on the back of the kitchen.

the only ones that worked an actual paying job were Kendall, Lily and Wenda. The girls worked at a bakery and Kendall helped at an armory. the other guys (Quena and Amel) searched the streets for things they could still use and occasionally they'd steal some food. That was their usual schedule, sometimes the girls would try selling things they made with the stuff Quena and Amel brought.

They weren't the only stray cildren in town so that made it a bit, hard, to get the good stuff and well paying jobs that children could do.