Chapter One/Prologue

I've always fantasized about traveling to different worlds, different universes, different galaxies, and even to different times in my own world. It just fascinated me that the thought of changing the view of the cosmos and the connection between different times, worlds, dimensions, and parallel worlds could actually be possible.

I'm just a kid — I know, but you can't help but dream, right?

Chapter One/Prologue: The Start of it All

•Friday 26th, July 2019 - Time: 2:34pm•

I was gathering my things that I needed for the airport. I wasn't going anywhere, only my parents were. I was just getting a few things to stuff into my draw string backpack so that I could see them off.

They said that they would be getting a ride from a friend who works with them, because the cost to park in the airport piles up quickly and easily. They also said that they would drive me home right afterwards.
Here's the thing my dudes, my parents are the typical rich parents that go around the world for their job. But... sadly, they don't flaunt their riches. Excpet for a big heckin house, and property, people would see us and just guess we were an average family. They're also really strict and they kind of treat me like a porcelain doll because I'm their only child. Though, to their dismay, they can't bring me along.

So this is the part where they freak the frick out.
They're leaving for five months. That's the plan, but they don't know if they'll come home early or late. My father's two brothers can't look after me because they have a family of their own, of course. My mother's brother can't look after me, well, because he's off the grid: We have no idea where he's at. And that just leaves my mother's "sister-from-another-mister" to look after me, and my grandparents.
And, what do you know, neither of them can because my mom's friend has her own life, and my grandparents are struggling with age. And since they live in a different state, they can't really come here without fear of sickness, medications, and a lot more problems.
So, ahem, considering all of this information, ahem ahem — I GET TO STAY HOME ALONE!! I! ME!! HAVE THE HOUSE TO MYSELF FOR FIVE (or so) MONTHS!!! I'M SO HYPED!!!

•Time Skip - at the airport - Time: 3:45pm•

"Bye mom and dad, I'll see you when you get back!" I hugged them both tightly before they went through international security and everything.

"Honey, you have to promise me that you'll be safe.." My mom said to me, gripping both of my shoulders and looking me in the eyes. "We won't be home for a very long time, and no-one will be in the house with you... remember to lock the doors and windows at night and whenever you leave the house. When you need to get groceries just order them online and have them delivered. And please, please, PLEASE, if you ever go out with friends or anything make sure to have your phone charged, carry your rape whistle — and your tazer too. Carry some whistles for your friends as well, remember to take your 'daily' debit card when you go out as well. — Oh! And refill it every time you go out, but only up to $50, so people who threaten you won't get very much but will be satisfied, and—" My dad cut her off.

"That's enough darling, she'll be okay." He put a hand on her back, and smiled warmly at her. "Oh," He dropped his smile and looked over at me. "I have one more concern, however." Hks eyes changed in a way to look at me as seriously and as menacing as he could. (Which was very terrifying for me)
"School starts on the seventh of August. I hate to leave this close to the starting of the school year but I have to for work, as does your mother. That said... when we come back you better have all As or else... there'll be hell to pay.."

"Y-Yes sir." I managed to say. My body was sweating waterfalls. He sighed out through his nose and gave me a small, lop-sided smile.

"But... it is more important that you stay safe." He paused, "I'll allow two Bs." He rested his hand on my head and ruffled my hair.