Forgiveness

I trusted you. 20 years of friendship. And you do this to me? Mandy!

Mandy: Girlfriend please hear me out. (She cried out)

Emy cried bitterly. Her heart ached.

Mandy! You could've told me when Leo sneaked up on you in the kitchen, so things wouldn't have gone far. But you liked it. If you were in my shoes, would you be happy?

And you Leo. Just because I was blind didn't mean I was blind from having sexual pleasures with my husband.

The least you both could have done was to show me some kind of respect and loyalty. But all you did was to feel pity for me. You didn't think of me for once.
Emy spoke up

They sat in total silence for about an hour, lost in their thoughts. What next?

Emy: Leo! Mandy! She sob her heart out.
Living in darkness made me learn a lot of things. I learnt to be patient. Patience is virtue. I learnt to be positive. I was optimistic about seeing again. Very hopeful. I learnt to trust. Trusting my other senses since I couldn't rely on my sight.

You know what? I still do care for both of you so I forgive you. I'm willing to let go of this pain, not for you two but for myself. For my own peace. I don't want to be trapped in bitterness for a wrong you both have done.

No! I'm not condoning the act of betrayal. And not justifying it either. I'm forgiving you for my own growth and happiness. I want to be free to live in the present. I don't want to hold on to the pain and resentment.
To err is human, To forgive is divine

She continued...
I trusted my husband and my best friend. I had confidence in you two and felt safe with you physically and emotionally. But in the end, I realised that I shouldn't have.

I'm sorry but I've decided to let you both go. I'll call my lawyer later to file for a divorce, Leo.
And Mandy, it has been nice knowing you. You have been so good to me regardless but this is where I have to part ways with you.

I'm sure you can both find your way out of here, Emy said as she walked out on them to her room.

The End!