Chapter 2: school

Sunlight cracked through your curtain as you awoke to birds chirping. "Almost like a movie " you chuckled to yourself. You got up and went to have another shower and change into your school clothes, being careful not to let the warm water take you out of reality. You looked at the clock, you still had about 90 minutes before school started, so you pondered Whether you would make a nice breakfast or grab some bread and run.

"Hmmm....maybe I could-oh fuck!" you rushed over towards your schoolbag and grabbed out your homework folder and flipped through it. There, right there in bold. Today you had to present a presentation on Hitler's rise to power. A presentation that you had not done.

(85 minutes later)

You were panting your lungs out as you staggered your way towards the school gate. You completed a rough, possibly terrible presentation with a few fancy pictures to go along with the blocks of information. Breakfast was pathetic, to say the least. slightly burnt toast with uneven helpings of jam spread across it wasn't exactly the victorious breakfast you wanted. As you entered the crowded, narrow halls of your school, two familiar sights came into view. First, you saw a large, bulky, well dressed and gentle soul of fair white skin and blonde hair talking to a small, skinny dark-skinned boy with a messy mop of black hair. They noticed you approach them and smile

"Heya (Yn)!" called out the larger one with a smile

"Heya guys, how are ya?

"Not too bad" replied the skinny one "Did you complete that presentation or did you forget about it"

"Yes until like an hour ago"

"Oh god" groaned the tall blonde

You smirked at the lecture he was about to give. Michael and Zachary. Two polar opposites yet the best of friends. Michael was captain of the school's very successful football team and vice-captain of the (also) very successful wrestling team. He was intelligent, friendly, a bit shy but still quite sociable. He was popular and liked by everyone, especially the girls when it was valentine's day. However, what many people didn't know about this buff giant of a man was that he was the lovechild of a geek and an otaku. Romance anime, in particular, was quite triggering for him, as he would go off on a tangent seemingly for hours rambling on and on about a heartwarming moment or cute comic or another one of his many, many, MANY ships.

Zachary, on the other hand, wasn't so lively or liked for that matter. He was extremely shy, quiet and cold to people he wasn't comfortable with. That was mostly due to him having severe social anxiety and Asperger's. Yet, despite this, once you cracked that tough outer shell Zachary turned out to be a charming, sarcastic young man. The three of you had surprisingly good chemistry, and after being assigned to a group project many years ago, a friendship stronger than steel was forged.

(Authors notes) I'm sorry everyone but I just wanted to get some world-building out of the way so that it can feel more real. Next chapter you will see the mysterious girl, trust me