Chapter 30: Captain

He didn't know how he did it exactly. If asked to elaborate and explain himself he could never do it, besides he liked the way people thought of him with his stories about his adventures. He never planned it all out, he just acted and it seemed to work. As soon as he had knocked out two soldiers guarding the cabin door with knocking the doors into their faces he saw the havoc that was going on. Sao Feng's ship was leaving rather quickly and the Pearl was starting to float away from the Endeavour. The Black Pearls cannons fired on the Endeavour to help with the escape but Jack didn't seem fazed by that. He ignored the soldiers on deck as they were scattering about with things to do; though he hoped they wouldn't return fire on his ship.

He was quick to get his plan into action to get back to his ship. He manoeuvred a cannon on the helm to face the main mast of the Endeavour and then grabbed some free rope that was dangling down from the smaller mast at the helm. Jack quickly looped the end of the rope and placed it on the back of the cannon while hanging on to the other end. Seeing a smouldering botefeux at the side, that was used to light and fire the cannon, he began to vigorously blow on it hoping it will get a better spark. "You're mad" Becketts voice spoke out. Jack looked up to him with a little smirk and he got a better grip on the botefeux.

"Thank goodness for that because if I wasn't this'd probably never work" with nothing more to say and the Pearl drifting even further away he lit the cannon with the botefeux which sparked to life. Beckett saw it and ducked out of the way just in time as the heavy weapon fired almost instantly and blasted through the wooden railing and the main mast of the ship. The firing of the cannon made it jerk backwards which had enough force to pull on the rope Jack to holding on to. It lifted him up in to the air before he could even blink. He yelled out from the surprise and continued as he felt his body fly through the air. His instinct was to flail his arms and kick his legs until he felt something solid beneath him. It wasn't long before he found it and managed to grab onto the solid strong wood of the Black Pearl at the back of the ship. He managed to climb up and lean on one of the big lanterns when he saw the crew on the Pearl looking overboard for him.

Barbossa just took a quick glance into the sea before looking back up and making eye contact with Jack. The younger pirate smirked as everyone then noticed him with stunned looks. In their eyes he had done the impossible which fed his ego. "And that was without even a single drop of rum" he liked how the crew looked at him in awe even if Barbossa wasn't as impressed.

It was actually quite amazing how Jacks mood could change almost within a second. His eyes scanned what he could see of the ship and everyone on it and yet he couldn't see who he wanted to see. It worried him to the very core of his heart. Jumping down, he tried to supress the fear that the East India Trading Company had taken Rebby. If they had while he was occupied then he wanted to turn the ship around pronto and get her back. First, however, he had one other person to deal with. He moved forward with authority; Pintel and Ragetti recognised this as they each put their hands on Wills shoulder to make him stay in place. "Send this pestilent, traitorous, cowhearted, yeasty codpiece to the brig" before Will could argue in his favour he was being dragged away with Elizabeth looking to him in worry. She wanted to protect him and defend him but she couldn't find the words.

The brunette was going to follow but she turned around to ask Jack to spare him but the pirate lord was already in front of her. His face now eager for something. "Where is she?" he asked quickly before she could speak a work.

"Who?" she tried to sound innocent.

He frowned. The look on her face told him that she wanted to avoid his question. "We kind of hoped you wouldn't notice for while" she tried to excuse herself. Elizabeth wasn't technically a member of his crew but he was still the highest authority on the ship.