Sick.

I wrote this at like 3am because I was bored and because I generally stray away from writing this stuff. Oh, and because I've been sick twice within the past two months. Enjoy this I suppose :)

L had only stepped outside onto the rooftop for a brief minute, a suggestion and almost order he had taken from Watari who was concerned about L's wellbeing. The Kira case...  It was all too much. L hadn't taken a second to simply stop and breathe in around a year and he knew he needed this. Just a second to slip outside. Just a minute to listen to the church bells, even if they were indeed an annoyance.

L hadn't been sleeping. It's not like he ever did sleep, but this time he really wasn't sleeping. His appetite, however, had increased immensely. He was quite clearly stressed, stress eating, although he tried not to let anyone see it. Fortunately for him, due to his already odd demeanour, no one questioned it.

L couldn't get past the fact that his deductive abilities may or may not have been incorrect, a fact that still remains unknown. After all, his entire case only really hindered around the somewhat strong possibility of Light Yagami as Kira. Light was really the main suspect, accompanied by Misa Amane as the supposed second Kira. It was at both an advantage and disadvantage to L that Light was a member of the task force. Whilst L could observe Light from a (very) close distance, Light had access to all the data. If Light was in fact Kira, this made him very dangerous to L.

L let out a deep sigh as he began to feel the pitter-patter of raindrops slowly soaking into his hair. He hobbled back over to the small door from which he came mere minutes ago, hands in pockets. L removed his right hand from it's trouser pocket to use the door handle but the door handle disappointingly came to a halt and the door would not open. It was locked from the inside.  L knew this, cursing himself for allowing the door to completely shut and questioning himself as to why he had such a high IQ but couldn't even manage to get back into his own headquarters.

The rain was only getting heavier and heavier from here on out and L was already in a sour mood as it was. If he were to pound on the door, it's not like anyone would hear him. It's certainly something pointless someone like Matsuda would do in the circumstances, but not him. The pitter-patter of the rain colliding with the building was already louder than he could bear, although he did give the door a small kick and mumbled a "stupid door." But instead of pounding, he simply decided to just sit in the rain and wait it out. He knew he could get sick, but he was just depressed about the Kira Investigation and frankly didn't care.

On the verge of tears, he hobbled back to the outskirts of the rooftop and sat in the way he usually sat, knees up to his chest. He could really do with a piece of candy right now. Realistically it didn't even have to be candy, exquisite chocolate cake would do just as fine. Even coffee with twice the amount of sugar cubes in it for this weather. With thoughts like this, L deemed it a miracle (if miracles do in fact exist) that he wasn't diabetic-

"RYUZAKI?!" L hears above the loud rain. He turns around to reveal no one except Light himself. Light's standing mere metres away from where L is crouched on the dirty ground of the rooftop. He wore pieces from his usual attire; ironed trousers, a belt, white collared shirt, red tie, nice white shoes. The rain was already making it's way through Light's white (and what used to be opaque) shirt.

"Light-kun, hi." L mumbles and turns his head away from Light to look back at the view from the rooftop. L wondered if maybe getting locked out wasn't so bad. At least the view was pretty, almost distracting from the hell he had to face from the Kira investigation.

"What are you doing out here? It's raining kinda hard and you're soaked." Light questioned, walking closer to L, "You're gonna get sick."

"I got locked out." L said monotonously.