Chapter 14: Ruler of Death

Shalltear: "Lord Ryuga, Lord Ryuga! It's time to get ready."

Ryuga: "Hm?"

Ryuga woke up to see Shalltear shaking him and calling his name. He forgot that he took a nap with her, and apparently it was time to show themselves to the lizardmen. He sat up, and let go of Shalltear. Shalltear couldn't help but blush and drool when she saw him without a shirt; noticing this, Ryuga smirked and put a shirt on, before handing Shalltear her clothes. 

Shalltear: "My lord, this will be a royal showing. I suggest to wear something more expensive."

Ryuga: "I see, very well. Pick out what you would like me to wear, and I'll let you change me." Shalltear gained stars in her eyes.

Shalltear: "It would be my pleasure!"

-Timeskip-

Ainz: "They look pretty terrified."

Ryuga: "Can you blame them?"

Ainz: "Haha, nope.... Begin."

The soldiers that surrounded them started to make a path for them to walk. Momonga stood at the center, with Ryuga behind him. Momonga then motioned Ryuga to come up, which he did and stood near the waters edge.

Ryuga: "This mud would be troublesome to our luxurious clothes. Burn away."

He dipped his finger in the water, and as soon as it rippled, the surrounding water evaporated within seconds. The lizardmen were trembling in their boots at the site of this.

Momonga: "Come, Gargantua."

The giant golem started slowly walking to the edge. With each step it took, the ground shaked. It lifted up a massive stone and hurled it to the middle of the former lake. The stone crashed down, making a large crater. Soon after that, skeleton soldiers started to make a stair case from the shields on their back. After they completed it, the skeletons with golden enchanted armor and flags stood and made two rows. They raised their flags, and Ainz walked first between them. After Ainz was Ryuga, then Albedo, then Aura and Mare, then Shalltear, then Victim, and finally Demiurge. When they got to the top, Ainz created a black throne, while Ryuga took his left. Albedo took Ainz's right, and for the first time in his life, Ryuga allowed Shalltear to stand at his left. This was a sign of great trust and love, one that Momonga did not miss. Ainz internally smiled at his friend, who used to hate most people. Ainz then created black blobs with mouths that spoke to the lizardmen.

Blobs: "We bring you the words of the Great Ones. The Great Ones wish to speak with you, let your delegate step forward at once. Know that time that is wasted is displeasing of the Great Ones."

The blobs flew back to Shalltear, and she clapped once, dispersing them. Two of the lizardmen, the chief and his brother jumped down from their post and began walking toward the Great Ones. They stopped a few yards away from them and looked up.

Chief: "I am the representative of the Lizardmen, Shasuryu Shasha! And this is the mightiest Lizardman.."

Zaryusu: "Zaryusu Shasha!"

Ainz gave a small sigh, then Albedo followed up.

Albedo: "Our lords do not feel that your posture is conductive to listening. Demiurge, would you please?"

Demiurge walked up to the edge and looked down at them. He spoke only two words.

Demiurge: "Prostrate yourselves!"

The two lizardmen were thrown to the ground, breaking some of the rock underneath. 

Albedo: "Lord Ainz, Lord Ryuga. They have adopted a proper listening position."

Ainz: "Good work, lift their heads."

Demiurge: "You are permitted to lift your heads." The lizardmen did so.

Ainz: "I am the master of the Great Tomb of Nazarick, Ainz Ooal Gown. And this is my right hand and fellow master, Ryuga Shinsokai." He gestured to Ryuga. Ryuga did a small bow. "First I express my gratitude to you for assisting with my experiment. Now onto the main topic. You will fall under my rule." He said this with no choice of argument.

Chief: "Wha-?"

Ainz: "However, it is likely that you do not wish to come under the rule of someone against whom you have achieved victory."

Ryuga: "Considering that, we will attack again in four hours. The attacker will be one of our allies, Cocytus, on his own. If you are able to prevail against him as well, we will leave."

Chief: "We surrende-"

Ryuga: "I would hope you do not choose something so tedious as surrendering without a proper fight."

Zaryusu: "You're making an example out of us?"

Ryuga: "Precisely. I am done speaking. You have four hours. Enjoy them while they last."

Ainz stood up and summoned a Gate.

Ainz: "Farewell then, Lizardmen." He walked through it.

Ryuga: "I wish you the best of luck." He walked through it.

Albedo: "Goodbye, Lizardmen." She walked through it.

Aura: "See you!" She walked through it.

Shalltear: "This is goodbye." She walked through it.

Mare: "Um if y-you'll excuse us." He walked through it.

Victim: "I bid you farewell." He flew through it.

Demiurge: "You are free to move. Now, try to enjoy yourselves, Lizardmen." He walked through it, and the Gate closed.

As soon as Momonga and Ryuga got out, Momonga grabbed Ryuga and teleported them both to his room.

Ainz: "Ah that was tiring."

Ryuga: "It wasn't that bad."

Ainz: "Says you, you're a lot better at acting than I am. I'm just a desk worker."

Ryuga walked up to him and put his hand on his shoulder.

Ryuga: "Not anymore, my friend. We're both in this together, and we have to adapt to survive this. Believe it or not, we're both royalty now and we have servants, but don't let that get to you. Remember who you are and where you came from; remember all your friends you made along the way. Don't lose yourself to power."

Ainz: "Thanks for that speech. You're a good friend, buddy."

Ryuga: "No problem. You know, I'm thinking we should do something together soon, just you and me, like the old times."

Ainz: "That would be fun, but what do you propose?"

Ryuga: "Hmm, maybe a trip to someplace? If we found a town with hot springs that would be great."

Ainz: "That sounds fun, let's do that sometime."

Ryuga: "Do you know how Sebas and Solution are doing?"

Ainz: "I believe they are doing well."

Ryuga: "I see... I hope Solution comes back soon."

Ainz: "Haha, you miss those baths that much huh?"

Ryuga: "Yeah, the way she does it is pure bliss."

Ainz: "I'm sure they will come back soon, until then, we have a fight to watch."

Ryuga: "Yes, let's see how Cocytus handles himself."