Act 1, Scene 1 - The Re-invite

*At the house, living room

Ted: Watching the news Ugh... these stupid crime lords are getting caught way too easily. This is ridiculous... Hears the door Ah, Daniel. Back from work I see?

Daniel: M'hm. It was ok I guess. Glances at the TV Another crime lord attack?

Ted: Yep, these idiots are making it easy for the cops to catch them. I mean, seriously. The heck.

Daniel: Places his jacket on the rack I suppose. Sits down next to Ted, putting an arm around him Have you remembered to wash? It's Venka's Birthday tonight.

Ted: Ah shoot. Right, right, the party. I'm starting to guess at every party we attend, we all get attacked.

Daniel: Aha, I suppose so. I mean, two attacks in a yearly row? That's insane. But again, we are crime lords. We just fight through it.

Ted: True. And I'm guessing that Venka increased security in case anything suspicious happens.

Daniel: I suppose. Anyways, get changed, you messy man. We have a party to attend.

Ted: Alright alright. But I am your messy man right?

Daniel: Of course.

Ted: Heh. See ya in a bit.

*Timeskip, they're now on the front lawn*

Ted: Whistles Wow. Fancy.

Daniel: Of course. Expecting Venka, she'd make the place as fancy as it is. And according to my research, because you'll tease me again for that, this place is almost a family heirloom. Very impressive I must say. It has been passed down by generations.

Ted: Oh wow. No wonder she's just as fancy and prim. Let's get this over with.

*They walk up to the door and spots a girl, supposedly a maid, waiting by the door*

???: Good evening gentlemen. May I ask for your invitations?

Ted: Uh sure.

???: ...ok this is good. May I do a quick inspection?

Ted: For?

???: Uh- just making sure of things.

Ted: Ok then...

*The girl inspects Ted for about 20 seconds*

???: Aha. Gets out his knife

Ted: Huh? How?

???: I can tell a person wouldn't need this much handkerchiefs. I mean, who needs that much? Unless if they have a nosebleed problem I suppose.

Ted: Wow...

???: An over-thinker never leaves the room without double-checking. Ok, you next.

*The girl did the same*

???: You're all clear now. Please enjoy the party.

Daniel: Smart girl. I'm impressed, Must be well trained.

Ted: Yeah, for someone who seems too young to be a part of the Underground.

Daniel: And we're here.

Jay: Hey it's the sociopath and the ex-cop.

Kassum: Oh hey.

Ingrid: Hello you two.

Anabelle: Ted, Daniel. How are you two?

Daniel: We're ok.

Ted: It's been a bit difficult, but we managed.