surprise

maddie.

hey, i'm maddie. i'm a youtuber with 7 million subs, and i moved away from my childhood bestfriends, ethan and grayson, from la to london three years ago.

i'm eighteen right now, and today's my last day of sixth form before school finishes so yay.

once i finish school i dunno what i'll do to be honest. while i'd wanna continue the career i have right now and be a youtuber, i feel like it's not a fully stable career with all the "cancelling culture.".  i mean, i don't remember ever doing anything to get cancelled but lies are made up all the time.

i live with my brother, jordan who's nineteen, and my parents aren't really in the picture. i dunno where they are but it's just me and j now.

~~~

i groan as i walk out of bed, waking up early with the intention of looking presentable for my last day of school.

i pull on a red tube top with a black adidas tracksuits, running. a brush through my hair and applying some light makeup.

"maddie! have you got your dance ready for the talent show?" jordan shouted.

our school hosts a shit talent show every year for the sixth form but it's fun i guess. they always play songs by dave or nsg and all the year 7's get so gassed.

"yes, jordan, i have." i reply. me and my friends, josh and georgia have to do a dance to one of the old songs on the list. josh, being the annoying bitch he is, decided it would be funny if we acted dumb and did the dance to 'wasn't me.'

he's got a whole dance choreographed and shit. don't get me wrong, all three of us can dance but i don't really wanna be doing it in front of a thousand kids with their phones out.

-
instagram.

maddie: happy last day of this shithole

768,462 likes.

comments.

joshamedu: can't wait to make u dance infront of the whole school 💀
- load previous replies
maddie: no no no. @georgiawolf can't believe he's making us do this 😭
jordansmith: maddie please don't embarrass me. but if anyone has a video send it so i can make fun of her.
maddie: fuck u xx
- load more replies

georgiawolf: pretty 🥺💗
- load previous replies
maddie: it's all u 😚

maddiesuwu: ur so pretty omg
maddie: love u 💓
maddiesuwu: U REPLIED OMG
- load more replies

scarlettkt: dank

-

i grabbed an apple and ran out of the house, before stopping at the corner shop to get some pot noodles to heat up in the microwave at the common rooms.

quickly, running down the street i jumped onto my bus, ready to get to school and get this last day done.

"georgiaaaa!" i shouted, going up to her.

"hey maddie. josh is about to get on."

"i'm still pissed at him for signing me up to the talent show." georgia laughed as i saw josh get on, and he sat next to us as we chatted for a while about was was happening.

later that day, lunchtime.

at lunchtime the talent show started, all the years flooded in, and sat down on the lower floor and on the topper floor in the hall. i stood backstage nervously. i'd performed live multiple times before, and used to dance properly, but i was still nervous.

"i'm gonna step outside and go drink some water.' i told josh and georgia. they nodded okay and smiled, and i sat in the benches outside until the sound was muffled and i couldn't make out any voices.

josh.

"she's outside, come in after the performance." i whispered to them and they nodded.

maddie.

i took deep breaths as the head boys and girls introduced us, before the curtains opened on us, as the crowd erupted to cheers.

slowly, the song to 'wasn't me' started and half the school already had their phones out, either getting gassed about the song or the dance, or both.

instagram

(lets ignore the fact maddies in this and their both called maddie but maddie ziegler is maddie, the girl on the left is georgia and the guy in the back is josh k)

maddielove: they killed this.

-

as i finished the dance, congratulating josh and georgia, and i fixed my hair back into place, i spotted two heads which i thought i probably would never see before, but when i looked back they were gone.

suddenly people were asking us to re-perform it, probably having not filmed it, so we did it again, making us more and more tired.

finally, we finished the dance for the second time and once again everyone cheered, as i waited for the head girls and boys came back on stage to tell more purposefully-crappy jokes so the next act could get ready and we could go cool down.

but, they weren't coming on, causing me to look back at georgia and josh who were smirking, and i looked up at half the sixth form who were doing the same, knowing what was happened.

just before i started to walk off, i heard cheers. loud, loud ones. i turned back on my heel to see what it was about, then saw two people i never thought i'd see again, running right up to me.

i stood in shock for a moment, staring mostly at ethan.

holy shit.

i snapped back into it and ran down the steps of the stage towards them, jumping into both of their arms as they laughed and smiled.

i couldn't believe they were here, right now.

ethan.

after we watched her perform, which she did amazingly, me and grayson got ready to walk out, mostly me being nervous to see the girl who i had missed for so long.

i looked out at her, smiling, as she ran towards us and i could instantly feel my heart warm, knowing she was here, but i was also sad, because the feelings that i had for her that she never had back were still here.

but, i stopped my mind from focusing on that and thought about one thing that had been prickling my mind since we started this plan with georgia and josh.

i get to see her again.