Chapter 3 - "Wait, Victor?"

"I am way too tired for this" I yell, pushing past crowds of people as I follow Bella to a booth, away from the large groups.

"Be cheerful. You don't have to slave away on your computer for that stupid internship anymore!"

"She still has uni." Annie helpfully chimes in, taking a seat beside Bella. Her wavy hair swinging as she moves along to the music.

The bar we had gone to tonight was quite busy, as it was a friday night. Clumps of people were dancing on the dance floor, in front of the live band. With others spread out in front of the bar and booths on the side.

This was my groups go to bar at the moment, it was filled with people in their early 20s. Rather than those late teens, who only just turned 18 or with fake IDs. It was just a bit more low key than other bars here in London. Lights were still flashing, drinks were still getting spilt and it was still a lot of drunk idiots. But at least they were drunken idiots who have a high school diploma.

"We brought the drinks wooohooo" Yasmin yells, Edward and Kate trailing behind her, all carrying glasses of alcohol.

We all cheer, as Yasmin hands the drinks out before making us promise to pay her back ASAP. The classic university students right here. Poor yet eager to be drunk.

After the first few drinks, the night became a blur of dancing, laughing and more drinking. The song 'No Lie' by Dua Lipa was blasting through the speakers as Bella and I danced. My blonde, wavy hair had some time throughout the night come loose from the ponytail and kept flicking around as I danced. My arms were waving, a smile graced on my face as I felt the freedom run through my veins.

A random blonde male approached and started to dance with us. Reaching his arm around our waists as we moved. Bella and I shared a glance, before mutually shrugging with content, continuting our dancing.

Eventually though, we did all calm down and decide to head home, getting sick of the sound ringing in our ears and the bright lights.

__________

The next morning, the sun glared through my half shut curtains blinding me as my alarm clock rings. My head aches as I think back to last night. It was one of those nights that truly described your early 20s. A small group of us got together, danced, drank, spent money we didn't have and then all went home early enough for a 6 hour sleep.

Those will be the nights that I truly miss. If I do get that internship, it would hopefully lead me to a position at the company after university. Lead me to my dream future. And if that isn't terrifying I do not know what is. But if I do work there, I'll not have as much time to drink, dance and just muck around with my friends. University alone is a lot of work and add an additional job basically - that's way too much to load onto yourself.

My alarm clock continues to ring, interrupting my reminiscing of last night/midlife crisis in my early 20s - whatever you want to call it.

As I drag myself up and out of my bed, the pounding in my head intensifies. Unfortunately being in my early twenties means that now I start to actually get hangovers (yes I do know that they are going to get 10x worse later on). And this hangover can only be cured with either a greasy fry up or a glass of water and Panadol.

Due to how I'm already running late for work - I choose the latter. Quickly I grab my clothes that are sprawled across my room and rapidly put them on.

I race downstairs, yell out a quick goodbye to Yasmin and Bella who were calmly cooking their breakfast and sprint to 'Cocoa Bean Cafe' which was luckily only 10 minutes away.

"I am here, I am here" I declare as I enter the building, quickly crouching down and catching my breath for a few minutes, before adding getting fit to the ever growing internal list of things to do in my mind.