PROLOGUE

She was just an innocent little girl, she knew nothing about this world, and the only person she ever loved was her mother. They were walking by the road side near an old freaky neighborhood, it was cold and silent with only the sounds of dogs barking and wind blowing, but they had to walk and walk, to look for a warm place to pass the night,

Her stomach was empty and ached with pain she hasn't ate for days, she was weak and thin with pale face and dark dry skin, but she was happy and brave she knew her mother was always there and that one day they will find plenty food and comfy shelter.

Her mother Melisa was a strong woman she was black and thin but she was so strong she was blind from her childhood, but she could do things as an ordinary person. That day she didn't find any day job and they hadn't taste food just like past two days, however she had to be strong for her daughter. Electra was the name she gave her, pretty little daughter that kept her going, for her she did anything, she was her only hope.

It was around one o'clock in the midnight just around the corner few meters from the roadside they found a place, it wasn't a place anybody would sleep at, but to them it was their only option. They were too tired to keep walking, they had to rest and hope for a better tomorrow.

It was neither bed nor bedroom, no blankets not a single bed sheet but rather rags and some old clothes, still Melisa knew how to make the best out of any situation, she used same rags and clothes to make Electra fill a bit warm and covered, then she slept right next to her.

Before the could shut their eyes Melisa told Electra to pray for the night was still long and scary. Her daughter argued she didn't understand the why they had to pray, they didn't eat, they didn't have a place to sleep like other people, but they kept praying everyday.

Melisa felt the doubts her daughter had, so she prayed instead, she had no complaints in her prayers nor did she tell God how they had starved for three days without food and without shelter, she thanked God instead for the gift of life and asked God for protection, lastly she prayed for her daughter's future and called it a night.

She hold her daughter tight and tried to get some sleep. Twenty minutes later and they were both still awake they could sleep they were very hungry and cold. Melisa was shaking but she kept holding her daughter close, Electra could feel the heavy breath from her mother, she was hungry too but at least not too cold, her mother had her covered by clothes, made her feel a bit warm.

Few minutes later Electra saw the lights approaching from a far, it was a car and it was driving in a zigzag direction and it was coming their way.

"Mom! there is a car heading our way its coming fast, very fast" Electra tried to tell her mother in a shock. Melisa didn't know what to do, she couldn't see the lights nor the car but she could hear it approaching, so she stood up not knowing what to do and started shouting, "Stooooop! Stop! We are humans please stop!" she shouted as loud as she could.

Electra stood up right next to her mother, she was the only one who could see the car almost there, she hold on tight to her mother. Behind them there was a wall, they were cornered with nowhere to run. She shouted alongside her mother.