Chapter 9: Snow and Kissing

It was that time of year once again. The Christmas season was in full swing around the Tortuga. 

Aviva was wrapping presents. Jimmy was hanging decorations in the Tortuga. Nikki and Chris were decorating the huge Christmas tree. 

And Martin and Koki had snuck away to spend some time under the mistletoe.

-----------------------------

Nikki looked around for her uncle Martin. 

She only had a few power disks and none were suited for cold weather climbing or flying. Her dad was too high up in the tree for her to ask him. 

"Uncle Jimmy, where is uncle Martin," the 6 year old asked the red head. 

"He and Koki took off together an few minutes ago. Whatcha need from him?" 

"I just want to barrow a disk so I could help Papa with the tree."

"They went that way," Jimmy pointed. 

"If my dad asks, point him in the same direction," Nikki said and took off running in the direction her uncle had pointed. 

====================

Nikki shivered in her bright yellow coat and snow pants. She really had to get some snow themed creature power disks of her own. 

"Uncle Martin, where are you?" she called.

She then tripped over a branch that was buried in the snow and rolled down the hill. 

"Look out!" she shouted as she saw her aunt and uncle.

=====================

"Martin if you hold still, this would go a lot faster," Aviva said as she dabbed antiseptic on the blue brother's cut cheek. 

"I'm so sorry, Uncle Martin," Nikki said frowning as her uncle winced in pain as her mama put a bandage on the cut. 

"Its okay, princess. I wasn't expecting flying kids to land on my face with their hiking boots today," Martin said with a smile. 

Everyone chuckled. 

"Papa, why were Uncle Martin and Aunt Koki eating each other's faces when I landed on them?" Nikki asked, turning to her dad.

The green Kratt brother spit the hot chocolate and stared at his brother as if he had grown another head. 

"You were making out with Koki!?" Aviva asked surprised.  

"Well, she is my girlfriend," Martin said.

Koki facepalmed as Martin thought for a second. 

"I mean-"

"How long?" Aviva asked her best friend.

"Since before we formed the crew," the commutations expert said, blushing. 

"Oh I finally get pay back on you for making fun of me and Aviva kissing in public," the green Kratt brother laughed. 

Nikki looked around the room confused. She was only 6 after all.