Two.

Jooheon awoke to the warmth of the sunshine on his face. He stretched his arms above his head, a yawn leaving from between his lips. He looked out the window, searching his surroundings. There were a few cars spread out over the parking lot. The car sat in a parking space several feet from a large grocery.

Minhyuk and Hyungwon woke up in the seat in front of him. On his left side, Changkyun continued to sleep. A fond smile spread across his lips at the sight of his younger twin asleep. Hushed whispers drifted toward his ears. He turned his attention back toward the front, curious about all the whispering. He didn't want to be left out from another secret conversation.

Hoseok turned around in the driver's seat, facing them. "I am going to go into the grocery, before I do I'm going to see what we have in the trunk first. This hast to be quick, so I can't waste time on things we already have. I see some other vehicles here, so we have to be cautious."

Their older brother exited the car and then headed toward the trunk. Jooheon turned around, eyes focused on Hoseok's face as he looked over the items in the trunk. He always admired his older brothers' ability to work through a problem. He wondered if other kids their age would be able to navigate a terrible situation like his brothers.

"Okay, I see we have a pack of bottled water," Hoseok said. "I think I remember Mom and Dad saying something to Hyunwoo about putting some stuff in the trunk for emergency purposes."

Jooheon paused at the sound of their older brother's name. The idea that Hyunwoo wasn't with them hurt. He rubbed at his chest, heart aching. Things used to be so peaceful in his world. He went to school, hung out with friends, and avoided his brothers teasing at home. But four weeks ago, things changed. The news shared a story of unusual aerial strikes targeting areas of Seoul. Soon after news of extraterrestrials spread like wildfire through the world. The memory was still so fresh in his mind. He sat so close to the television that day, shocked.

"There is some food here but not enough," Hoseok said. "I'll try to pick up some cans. Non-perishable items will be best for our situation."

"I agree," Minhyuk said. "Stay away from the salty stuff, hyung. It'll dehydrate us faster."

Hoseok nodded and closed the trunk. His brother walked toward the driver's side about to close the door, but Kihyun reached out and took a hold of his wrist. They shared a meaningful look between each other. Jooheon frowned at the interaction. He wanted to know what it meant, but he had no chance to ask any questions. Hoseok removed his wrist from Kihyun's grasp and walked toward the grocery.

Through the window Jooheon spotted a man exiting a car several feet away. Their older brother made eye contact with the man. After a few seconds, both his brother and the stranger began to run toward the grocery store. Jooheon's heart clenched within his chest. He didn't understand.

Jooheon leaned forward. "Why are they running?"

Kihyun narrowed his eyes. "Supplies are limited. We haven't been out of the house in weeks. I highly doubt there is much left. Hoseok, should have let someone come with him. I don't like that he is going in alone."

Jooheon pursed his lips. Kihyun was right. Hoseok shouldn't have gone alone, but their older brother seemed determined. He tried to take his mind off the situation by looking around. The tweeting birds and the sun hanging in the sky brought a frown to his face. The tranquility of the morning always confused him. Every night was filled with screams and destruction, but by morning it almost seemed as if there had been no attack. Jooheon glanced at Changkyun, watching his brother's eyes flutter open.

"Kyunnie, still sleepy?" Jooheon asked, poking Changkyun's cheek.

Changkyun slapped his hand away, eyes narrowed. "Stop it."